A-2 storage

cea1274

I have a few a-2 painted jackets what is the best way to store them should i hang them up on hangers and should i put any leather treatment on them

chris

I have a few a-2 painted jackets what is the best way to store them should i hang them up on hangers and should i put any leather treatment on them

chris

Do we get to see those little babies ???? please

LB

Eastman Leather here in the UK sell a flat storage system designed for their various flight jackets. I believe they also have an American outlet so they might be available for purchase in the US? See the link below. These guys are seasoned pros so they know what they're talking about!

http://www.eastmanleather.com/product_info.php?products_id=188

• 3 weeks later...

Why do hangers harm the jackets? Is it just leather jackets that you should not use hangers with, or should other uniforms be stored in boxes?

Why do hangers harm the jackets? Is it just leather jackets that you should not use hangers with, or should other uniforms be stored in boxes?

I think it depends. Is it a fragile and rare CW uniform? Or a KW enlisted Ike? The more fragile pieces need more support. The more durable or lower value, a hanger seems okay by me. I only use wood hangers though, btw, even for low-grade stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think hangers are a problem for A-2's in general. Hangers can be a problem with the heavy sheepskin jackets. The sleeve seams on those jackets are weak, and over time the weight of the sleeves can cause the seams to separate.

Ian