Savation Army find

dave nh

Nice, that's worth a good sum with the wolf fur , being a blue one, and with the decal. Had one like it many moons ago but the fur was a replacement.

Is this the wolf fur or fake seems very course ?

Thanks guys dont know what im going to do with it yet,not my area of collecting .But it fits real nice :)

David

I agree with the comments re the desirability of blue nylon flight clothing. It wasn't around for long so is therefore rather scarce. With regard to the fur trim, a lot depends upon how heavily it's been used and how it's been stored for the past 60 years. Natural fur does have a tendency to moult and create bald patches. Also the natural skin backing can stiffen up, especially if it's ever been wet! Fortunately, mine is as good as they day it was made!

Looks like real fur, you can burn a tiny bit, if it melts into a hard ball it's fake otherwise smells like burning hair and disintegrates when rubbed between fingers.

Thank You for all the info guys,my oldest son (15) just claimed the jacket lol.Will try the burning a strand ,really think its fake fur.What would the selling value be on one of these.Not like hes going to let me sell it now lol .

David

$300 on a good day if it's in good shape. USAF "jet age" collectors really covet the early blue stuff because it's quite scarce and is very evocative of a specific period in the early 50s.

$300 really wow had no clue .Thanks again guys,now i just have figure out how to get it back from my son lol,

David

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...