What is the sexiest US Military Aircraft

John F.

Now the P-51 is sexy, however I must say that I'd get more excited with this badboy buzzing overhead...

p40overhead.jpg

P40_taxidrive_Africa-px800.jpg

The P-40 is what a fighter is supposed to look like ;)... The B-25 is sexy too...

Sexiest Aircraft?

Take a close look.....

Nice Camouflage pattern! That has to be photoshopped, given the political correctness and the Puritan views about sexuality that exists in the military today I can't imagine that the camouflage paint scheme is real.

That's easy F-104 Starfighter. Eric

274872554_9a491e1018.jpg

Despite having a poor safety record of the Starfighter was a good looking aircraft, however I prefer the German Air Force paint job better.

post-8650-0-93372900-1380559342.jpg

Despite having a poor safety record of the Starfighter was a good looking aircraft, however I prefer the German Air Force paint job better.

When your flying the "missile with a man in it" there is bound to be accidents. The howl of a Starfighter is one of the best aircraft sounds there is IMO. Eric

Salvage Sailor

Nice Camouflage pattern! That has to be photoshopped, given the political correctness and the Puritan views about sexuality that exists in the military today I can't imagine that the camouflage paint scheme is real.

HMH-466 Crew Chief

http://www.popasmoke.com/visionsarchive/image.php?source=1734

Prop plane: Lockheed Constellation. Great curves in all the right places. And just look at that tail :o

Jet plane: F-104 Starfighter. Mentioned by others above, but she is so fast and with more than a hint of danger. She's hot :D

Terry

It's all in the eye of the beholder... the Brewster F2A Buffalo...

" ..it was one of the first U.S. monoplanes with an arrestor hook and other modifications for aircraft carriers.

The new Brewster fighter had a modern look with a stubby fuselage, mid-set monoplane wings and a host of advanced features. It was all-metal, with flush-riveted, stressed aluminum construction, although control surfaces were still fabric-covered."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brewster_F2A_Buffalo

Interestingly, there is only one surviving aircraft, recovered from a lake in Finland. Parts of a USMC Buffalo have been recently located off of Midway Atoll, awaiting an uncertain fate.

Actually the real reason I have a soft spot for the Buffalo is it was one of my very first model kits...

buffalo 5.jpg

buffalo 2.jpg

Gentlemen...I suppose the real answer must be..."All of the above"! It's like choosing between strawberries or chocolate....well nigh impossible!

I will add my choice the F-106. I am a bit prejudice as I flew this great old aircraft with the California Air National Guard. Was the thrill of a life time. Ben

post-4101-0-27263800-1380640232.png

I will add my choice the F-106. I am a bit prejudice as I flew this great old aircraft with the California Air National Guard. Was the thrill of a life time. Ben

An under appreciated jet if there ever was one.

It's up their on my favorite jets list

Wow really hard for me to say.

The war to end all wars: SPAD

WW2: All US and RAF aircraft.

Korea: F86

VN: F4, A1E, BUFF

Cold War: BUFF, F4 F15, F16, KC 135

Desert Storm. BUFF, F16, KC 135

Third World War. BUFF, F16, A10

I'm a AF vet so anything USAAF to USAF gives me a thrill

bigkahunasix

I like my girls with a little more "junk in their trunk"-