What is the sexiest US Military Aircraft

John F.

I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I am curious to see what other people think is/was the sexiest aircraft ever made? The aircraft can be from any time period just as long as it is military. Please include a pic of the aircraft you select.

I will start this love fest off with the Convair B-58 "Hustler", which was the first operational supersonic jet bomber in the USAF capable of Mach 2 flight in the USAF. I like the delta wing design and the fact that the plane looks like it is moving a million mile per hour just sitting there. Another reason I like this aircraft so much is because my father was part of the B-58 program from its inception in 1960 to it's end 1970.

post-8650-0-96992500-1380411367.jpg

P-38 Lightning. Mustang drivers all want to fly one.

Tom Bowers

I love the 38 as well.(note forum name) Interesting how the 38 guys who transitioned to 51s were very loyal to the 38, but did acknowledge the 51 was better for the job they needed to do.

For me it comes down to how the 51 just looks the part of a bird that went downtown, cleaned house and came home in style, and that covers both Berlin and Tokyo :)

Steve, I remember when I saw my first B-1 at an airshow at Fairchild AFB back in the 1980's and I remember thinking that it had a similar appearance to the B-58.

now this might surprise a few people but seeing as my first aircraft has already been "spoken for" this has to be my second !

all the curves in all the right places !!

DSC00272.jpg

Be careful littlebuddy, that is not a US aircraft! Yon might get your aviation card taken away. :)

OOPPSS i totally missed that bit !!!! sorry !! :unsure:

No contest! ;)

Right on Ian! No better looking fighter (piston or jet), was ever built. The Hawker Hunter was a very close 2nd place but love those P-51's too!