ACH Helmet + Display Idea

SergeantMajorGray

SergeantMajorGray

Here is one of the 2 ACH's I just bought from a member. I shopped around on eBay to see if I could make a plain Styrofoam head look better and this is what I came up with. I am very happy with the results.

post-104619-0-82993800-1380312865.jpg

SergeantMajorGray

And here's a borrowed pic of the inside from the seller because I'm to lazy to take it off the head because it's all set up. post-104619-0-31502100-1380312981.jpg

Looks good!

Keep an eye for middle eastern scarfs as well, especially if you get into the early war stuff. They were used by a lot of soldiers and would achieve the same results you have there with adding some authenticity to the display.

SergeantMajorGray

Looks good!

Keep an eye for middle eastern scarfs as well, especially if you get into the early war stuff. They were used by a lot of soldiers and would achieve the same results you have there with adding some authenticity to the display.

Thanks I'll try to find some. How would you be able to tell if one is original or not?

try the swap meets around your nearest fort or base. they pop up around places like that a lot and they are normally pretty cheap. I think I paid .25 for the last one I bought at the local swap meet.

Thanks I'll try to find some. How would you be able to tell if one is original or not?

What do you mean by "original"? Shemagh is not an issued item, but available for private purchases. If by "original" you meant the shemagh that has been worn by soldiers? If so, it is not easy but you could buy directly from a veteran who had worn it in theater.

Keep it in mind, shemagh has became the popular fashion for the "urban wear". Therefore many of copies are made in China, like the ones you would see in the surplus stores; all that Rothco and Condor crap.

Your best bet is to buy a shemagh that has been made in Afghanistan or Iraq locally.

Try ebay seller, pcpainting70. He used to have some Afghanistan made shemaghs for cheap. It appeared that he has a connection from the factory in Afghanistan that supplies ANA and ANP. You could contact him and ask him.

SergeantMajorGray

What do you mean by "original"? Shemagh is not an issued item, but available for private purchases. If by "original" you meant the shemagh that has been worn by soldiers? If so, it is not easy but you could buy directly from a veteran who had worn it in theater.

Keep it in mind, shemagh has became the popular fashion for the "urban wear". Therefore many of copies are made in China, like the ones you would see in the surplus stores; all that Rothco and Condor crap.

Your best bet is to buy a shemagh that has been made in Afghanistan or Iraq locally.

Try ebay seller, pcpainting70. He used to have some Afghanistan made shemaghs for cheap. It appeared that he has a connection from the factory in Afghanistan that supplies ANA and ANP. You could contact him and ask him.

Thanks I'll ask him. And yes by original I mean't soldier worn I knew a lot of companies are making them. One made in Iraq or Afghanistan would be good enough for display though.