1930's Meyers Officer Dress Collar Pair FIRE BRONZE

Brig

Here's a great pair of emblems. Early, pinback Meyers pattern emblems with early stamped markings, c-clasps, hand-tooled fret work. Anchors are marked FIRE BRONZE. Think it's safe to assume the continents are, as well. Never seen fire bronze on an officer dress before, or at least I can't recall. Great lifetime pair.

101_3250.JPG

teufelhunde.ret

These are AWESOME! Extremely scarce to say the least finding 20's dress emblems that are life long mates. And to find them with a Fire Bronze hallmark makes them that much more scarce! Someone was very proud of them, as they nearly polished away all the hand-tooled fret work on the Globe.

For those not familiar with the "Fire Bronze" manufacturing process, a manuscript on the history of EGA's is in the production line at Bender Publishing, the manuscript has more than 350 pages, 2000+ pics and 50+ page plus index. At this moment we expect to start review of gallery proofs at or shortly after the holidays and the book will be available mid-late spring. You will find new information uncovered during our research in getting the manuscript completed.

• 2 months later...

I have a ega with the shield and marked fire bronze and on the end of anchor part of the mark for metals. anyone know anything about this ega? I have another with just the shield but don't know much about it. am x-marine and just starting collecting and trading in my old age for fun

david - gpspartans

The shield is a mark of the firm of NS Meyers...we have some great EGA reference threads here:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/390-ega-reference-gary-mohrlang-memorial-section-ref/

And we discuss FIRE BRONZE itself in this thread:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9951-fire-bronze-what-the-heck-is-it/

If you're able to post images, we'd be able to tell you even more. Welcome to the forum, you'll find some big EGA enthusiasts here