Clasps for clutchback DUIs

DHolly

Is there a good source for replacement clasps for clutchback DUIs? Lately I have been buying large quantities of DUIs and quite a few of them came without the clutches. I also bought a nice assortment of really nice DUIs recently that had all of the clutches missing and the pins bent over to hold them to index cards. If I had known this before buying them I might have passed. I was able to straighten out most of the pins but several broke off. Is there a repair/replacement kit of some sort so that I can put the pins back on? I went to Auto Zone to get some JB Weld because I knew that that would work but the guy there suggested that I get a clasp repair kit from Hobby Lobby. I searched the Hobby Lobby website without finding the repair kit. Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Dave

100 of them for $10 is not too bad!!!

If the Clutch repair kit from Hobby Lobby is anything like I remember it being you are much better off to just go by some thumb tacks and glue them on. As I recall, the kit consisted of the prongs mounted on circular clear plastic bases that you glued on the back of your damaged item. Certainly better then nothing but not awfully durable and really pretty cheesey. The ultimate fix is one of the spot welders designed to do it but they are COSTLY!