A LITTLE SOMETHING FOR MY THROAT

Terry K.

Hi mate!

You say weird .. but you never came across the WWII german stuff! Then there was a really bunch of weird! One for all the different tropical nuance of color for each branch of Wehrmacht (Heer, Luftwafe, Kriegsmarine, SS)!!!! So, I think that the thing could also sounds good!

Best

Hi mate!

You say weird .. but you never came across the WWII german stuff! Then there was a really bunch of weird! One for all the different tropical nuance of color for each branch of Wehrmacht (Heer, Luftwafe, Kriegsmarine, SS)!!!! So, I think that the thing could also sounds good!

Best

Hey Tiger,

I used to collect German WW2 stuff. They used letter combos to camoflage the makers marks on many things but didn't include it with the name of the maker, usually :rolleyes: . Their waffenfarben was confusing if you didn't know the different units.

Terry

Yep! That's right buddy!

So, you know very well the craziness of that! The waffenfarbe also is a weird's labyrinth! With a bunch of colors that differ from each other only very slightly! Would be an enormous speech, but we will end OT!

Best, Tiger

Thanks Terry,

these were pretty common after the war in Australia, seems that RAAF B-24, A-20, Catalina and P-40 squadrons were issued with US type mics and other flight equipment. My mother's uncle had a farm next to the the place where a lot of the RAAFs 287 B-24s were scrapped. My uncle used to go hunting for stuff there after the workers had gone home and on weekends!

I have always had a soft spot for Liberators, my best friend's father was an RAAF ball turret gunner.

cheers,

-John

• 2 months later...

As worn. The addition of "S" to the designation indicated the addition of a small spring clip which was designed to hold the mics closer to the throat to better pick up the vibrations from the larynx.

post-8022-0-18948700-1389354856.jpg

post-8022-0-13555900-1389355088.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I always wondered how those would sound. I have some S's and a V. They used to be $5 or so in the box - i guess not anyore. Now I don't think I'll refurbish one to work 12V.

Nice Mics fellas , as far as I'm aware T-30R's differ to most other throat mics in that the contact nodes for some reason are a bit larger when compared to T-30S or V etc... looks like a slightly beefed up T-30V

here is a photo of mine dated 1942 in the box the Kellogg is the lower one .

post-151000-0-27773400-1390393189.jpg