USER SUSPENSION: usncollector

ADMIN

**This post is informative only. User responses have been disabled.**

Members of the USMF community:

Today the administration was unfortunately forced to suspend the account of community member "usncollector" due to inappropriate posts and misuse of the private message system.

We do not take the banning of a member lightly. The USMF administrators have spent time going through each and every one of this member's posts (including some that were quarantined earlier due to user complaints) prior to making our decision.

In the past this member's name has shown up in member complaints. The typical complaint being that usncollector makes posts that are personal attacks rather than trying to assist, aid, or inform the member. The vast majority of the most recent posts tended to focus upon attacking one member in particular (whom we will term "Member X"), with whom usncollector harbored some personal dislike. Usncollector was warned "to keep it nice" and his posting ability was set on moderator preview (i.e. his posts would not show up until a moderator read and okayed them). His posts following the instatement of the preview did not contain inappropriate content and therefore the problem seemed to have been solved. However, recently usncollector took it upon himself to bypass the moderator preview and send out a private message to the member that was not only disparaging but attempting to bait the member into conflict. As a result of his inappropriate behavior both openly on the board and the misuse of the private message system, usncollector has been banned from US Militaria Forum.

In addition to his banning for the above, the revocation of membership privileges will be permanent due to his continuous attempts to sign up under other usernames in order to badger members. (Please see additional usernames below.)

It has been said before and will be said again: The point of USMF is to provide a nice, friendly atmosphere within which members can discuss various aspects of militaria collecting. To fulfill this goal, we hold each and every member to a standard - act like adults. Part of acting like an adult is the ability to facilitate meaningful discussion without angering, offending, and/or upsetting the very people with whom we wish to have discussions. When members demonstrate a repeated inability to adhere to this standard, the USMF administration is forced to ban the member's account.

Please use caution when dealing with any individual bearing the following or similar information (copied below from here and other sites):

Username:

usncollector

tnwarcollector

776thTankDestroyer

In the future, all members are encouraged to refrain from being baited into arguments either openly on the board or privately in the private message system. There are some forums where this inappropriate behavior is applauded, however USMF is NOT one of those places.

ADMIN

ALL MEMBERS ARE ALSO ENCOURAGED TO REPORT TO THE ADMINISTRATION IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE BEEN CONTACTED BY THIS MEMBER VIA ANOTHER ACCOUNT.

The person who has the user name usncollector has asked that the following be posted:

Dear USMF,

I am writing this letter to apologize for my behavior on the forum. This behavior was a primary reason in my banning from the forum. While I realize individual members will have disagreements every now and then, there are constructive ways to handle these disagreements. Posting derogatory comments about a particular member on the website for members to view publicly was not the right decision at the time, nor will it ever be unless a member warrants censure because of immoral or unruly behavior/conduct. I understand the integrity the USMF is trying to form, and am saddened by the fact that I am no longer part of this community. Perhaps in time, I can once again be a contributive member. I apologize to each member of the Forum whom I have wronged, and now realize that negotiations are sometimes more valuable than an outright attack. I will continue to visit the site, use it as a comprehensive guide, and again apologize for my conduct.