Patch ID assistance from OSS China grouping

ODA021

Gentlemen,

I am at my wit's end with trying to ID this patch. It is part of an OSS grouping to guy named Nick Cocoris who was DET 101 and later was at a SACO camp in China. He is pictured at the head of chinese commandos in Admiral Miles's book " A different Kind of War". Anyway, Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to ascertain if this is a commando unit related patch or just something he picked up, maybe Tai-Li's special guerrilla unit patch that was trained at this camp? Thanks for your help guys. David

post-505-0-02015100-1379796183.jpg

post-505-0-31124400-1379796192.jpg

I've never seen silver Chinese wings.

Are they made as cheaply as the brass ones ?

What qualified you for silver wings ?

Would love to see the back.

The silver ones are specific to the 1st chinese commando. Cocoris was assigned to a SACO camp while in China and the silver wings instead of the gold ones may be attributed to that. I have not been able to track down this on the SACO side as yet. The chinese characters on the reverse state 1st chinese commando.

post-505-0-12635600-1379803682.jpg

Thanks Kamerad. I am living large in Monterey for 6 months. Cant say I am enjoying learning French but all things will come to an end and I am looking forward to Fort Carson or getting back overseas if possible.

Dear David,

I have one of these patches that came with two Chinese-made 14th AF patches. It was identified as the 5th Chinese Army. Unfortunately, I don't know anything else. The inscription on the back of yours is identical to mine.

Steve can you push me a photo of it or post one? That is interesting. The V could be the roman numeral 5. I hadnt thought about that before. Thanks.

Your welcome! :)

Google is decent for translation. I have a small Chinese enameled badge with the same design (different from that Taiwan museum) with 202D on it and an artillery piece. It says YEA which from the Chinese wikipedia article I assume says Youth Expeditionary Army, 202D, 1B, 2R. It also said there were American advisors.

David,

I had gotten my ID as the 5th Chinese Army from Flying Tigers Antiques website. I don't have a photo of mine, but it is identical to yours. With the post from hc8604 it looks like my initial ID was wrong. Thanks for the correct identification!