Hilborn & Hamburger (H&H)

Brig

Stinger Gunner USMC

Another H&H Naval officers garrison cover emblem.

Note the differences between this insignia and the one in the earlier post

The one in the 1st post only has markings on the eagle, while this one is marked on the eagle and the crossed anchors

post-1672-1209428531.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
teufelhunde.ret

H&H / Imperial hallmark on back of EGA, for Enlisted dress blue collar. A 1937 pattern, WW2 production and very difficult to find.

ww2_emblems_003.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well I wonder if this is the last hallmark ever used on military insignia by Hilborn Hamburger - a simple three digit number 362 -

hh4.jpg

This is the "modern" pattern EGA that has been used for over 50 years now. I think the only manufacturer name I've seen on the back of these modern collar pieces has been KREW - the rest of a couple of letters and/or numbers and nothing else.

hh1.jpg

hh2.jpg

hh3.jpg

hh4.jpg

teufelhunde.ret
Well I wonder if this is the last hallmark ever used on military insignia by Hilborn Hamburger - a simple three digit number 362 -

It is a USMC "approval number" granted to the specific maker to manufacture and sell the emblem (uniform articles as well). These approval numbers when into effect at some date after 1950 and before 1955, have never been able to determine the exact date...

• 1 year later...

Hi members of USMF Im T-rat63 & i am new here but i have found this site for military hallmarks, This site well come in handy for every one! :thumbsup: www.wartimecollectables.com

• 3 months later...
aerialbridge

USN garrison cap officer insignia, ID'd to WW2 officer. Similar to one posted earlier except that "Sterling" on rt wing is horizontal rather than diagonal, and "1/20 10kt step" in one line rather than two.

post-18406-1337571354.jpg

post-18406-1337571392.jpg

• 1 year later...
triplecanopy

Here are two different Hilborn & Hamburger hallmarked parachute badges. The one on the left has a familar look while the one on the right is much smaller and harder to see.

Robert

post-48217-0-90273600-1373070253.jpg

• 5 months later...

WW2 Navy Chief Petty Officer cap anchor, circa 1942 - '46. Marked with the H-H in the eagle (under the rotating catch) and sterling on the shank. Additionally, marked 1/20th 12K gold filled alongside an H-H eagle variation stamp on the anchor stock.

post-50776-0-23324600-1387522711.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's something a bit different. I understand Hilborn & Hamburger used the 3-digit code H24 starting in the early 1960's. Here's an example that still has the stylized eagle with the H-H inside and is marked 24N. I assume 24 (N for Navy)?

post-50776-0-68618000-1388313809.jpg

• 6 months later...
gpspartans

very nice. have one just like it. what do you call the nut that screws the EGA down. I am missing mine.

H&H Imperial M37 Enlisted...from the collection of Brig

Bob Hudson

very nice. have one just like it. what do you call the nut that screws the EGA down. I am missing mine.

the "roller"

gpspartans

many thanks! where do you find things like this? or do you just have to get lucky?

david - gpspartans