Hilborn & Hamburger (H&H)

Brig

many thanks! where do you find things like this? or do you just have to get lucky?

david - gpspartans

Generally I get replacements off of other EGA's, usually ones that are in rough shape, etc...when you find a small lot or a loose one. There are a couple of sellers on eBay who occasionally have small groups of 5-10 rollers for sale but seem to want too much for them

I get a lot of loose singles here and there, some in real rough shape. If I need a roller, I just take one from one of those

Bob Hudson

many thanks! where do you find things like this? or do you just have to get lucky?

david - gpspartans

Go to ebay's militaria section and search for the keywords insignia nuts

gpspartans

what if you have the hangman hallmark, marked sterling & GI? sterling indicates earlier, at least 50's, but the GI puts it 1965 and after.

• 8 months later...
ViewfinderGyrene

Saw an H&H Expert Rifleman I'd like to pick up but haven't seen the WWII-period hallmarks on here yet. Clutchback, it has the H&H emblem, below that "STERLING", and then below that a number and letter sequence I can't make out in the photo available...

What era?

post-153444-0-15727800-1426425575.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Saw an H&H Expert Rifleman I'd like to pick up but haven't seen the WWII-period hallmarks on here yet. Clutchback, it has the H&H emblem, below that "STERLING", and then below that a number and letter sequence I can't make out in the photo available...

What era?

Below the "STERLING" I read "SER 695"

Below the "STERLING" I read "SER 695"

That's "modern era" - late 50's at the earliest, most likely 1960's-70's.

• 3 weeks later...

can we date H & H by markings? I have several EGA's including H & H and am trying hard now to date the EGA's. Can't wait for the book. Bought one the other day that BLOWS!

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks to -Brig for identifying this weekend pickup for me. I thought I'd post it here too, since the marking is so hard to really see. If you don't know them....which I didn't.

23650593093_87c858bc00_b.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
easterneagle87

Found this little "anchor"

Marked "sterling" and with the H&H mark.

What were these used for? sweetheart? post-9131-0-21775800-1526946108_thumb.jpgpost-9131-0-21775800-1526946108_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Picked up a USMC officer service cap ega with the H-H mark but also numbers that look like SER 209 or possible 200. This was sold as WWII vintage but I have my doubts, thinking more like 1950's-1960's. Anybody have an idea as to age of ega's with this kind of mark? Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Terry

• 3 weeks later...
The Rooster

Picked up a USMC officer service cap ega with the H-H mark but also numbers that look like SER 209 or possible 200. This was sold as WWII vintage but I have my doubts, thinking more like 1950's-1960's. Anybody have an idea as to age of ega's with this kind of mark? Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Terry

Def not WW2. Prob 1960's

• 11 months later...
L11-VELASCO

Hi Gents

Could you date these 2 USMC EGA visor cap officer, in the one from top the reverse bears the  “H-H” mark of Hilborn Hamburger and is also marked “Ser. 209”, 

and the one with stickpin:Reverse with H-H and “Sterling” mark, measures 1-1/4″ X 1-3/8″

28854_1d.jpg

28854_2d.jpg

60.jpg

60a-600x598.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
The Rooster

prob Vietnam era. That SER 209puts it past ww2. During WW2 yu would have the hallmark and metal content. I think they started assigning numbers like ser209 etc in the mid to late 1950's. Eventually they were switched to numerical codes and no company hallmarks.