WWI SSI; Need ID

Kadet

Thanks for the info. i just picked up a complete uniform set, and this is the SSI. Two overseas stripes, discharge stripe and WWI victory ribbon are also on the uniform, with 2LT bars. It came with the crusher style cap, overseas cap, jodpurs and leather leggings. Named as well. I will post some pics in the uniform forum when I get a chance.

Speaking purely from memory, and not in a place where I can check references, so take this with a grain of salt...

1st Army Heavy Artillery Reserve (or some variation on that theme - memory not as sharp as it once was).

I am still digging to ID this patch. I am almost certain it is railway-related, given the unique shape and letter R in the motif. This also stands to reason given the fact that the original owner was a Quartermaster. The railway patches are the only ones I can find that were consistently shaped like this...

post-110-0-65310600-1380053895.gif

Your last patch shown is a Railhead Regulating Stations unit, these were mostly Engineer units and were responsible for operations of the rail roads to forward supply (Quatermaster units) who then broke down and shipped them by smaller gauge RR or by Divsional trains to front line units. This patch is found in other color combinations but all of similar design.