Any airshows this weekend in the mid west?

Jim Baker

Are there any airshows this weekend in the mid west? I was just looking out the window and saw a B-17 flyby in the distance. Unfortunately, a way off and I didn't get but a few seconds due to trees. Quite a sight though.

It appeared to be flying toward the east.

It was formerly assigned to the Florida Military Aviation Museum at Clearwater-St. Petersburg Airport, when the museum closed the aircraft were removed from the facility and placed in outside storage until MAPS became the new owner. Along with this plane we recieved a T-37, F-100, F-101, F-102, and a F-105 from that location. All of them are going to take some work but they are great aircraft and will be great tributes to the men who flew them.

Thanks guys!! It was a thrill just to see it for a few seconds and luckily the window was open so I got the sound effects too.

It's still my goal to fly in a B-17 before I die. Hopefully that will be a while down the road. :)

CNY Militaria

Here is the Liberty Belle, which took off and flew around witha family friend inside. I believe it was about $400 for the 30min ride.

i_080.jpg

i_084.jpg

i_089.jpg

i_095.jpg

Thanks Justin,

Very cool. Has anyone done this lately (flown in a B-17 or any other bomber)? Last I heard it cost around $400.

Thanks,

Jim

Thanks Justin,

Very cool. Has anyone done this lately (flown in a B-17 or any other bomber)? Last I heard it cost around $400.

I havn't got to fly in a 17 yet but two years ago I did get the chance to fly in a PBY for 45 mins. The price was right too...FREE!

I'll throw in a pic of my own. Yankee Lady operated by the Yankee Air Museum

DSCF3094.jpg

This is one of the planes you saw, you can ride in a B-17 or B-24!!! Last b-24 flying I think.....http://www.collingsfoundation.org/cf_schedule-wof.htm

This is one of the planes you saw, you can ride in a B-17 or B-24!!! Last b-24 flying I think.....http://www.collingsfoundation.org/cf_schedule-wof.htm

Outstanding!! Thanks. I'm going to add the B-24 to the list. What the hell. You only live once!! w00t.gif

1 of 2 The other is oprated by the B-24/B-29 squadron of the CAF. It has been operating as a LB-30(transport version) for several years but last year Gary Austin spent a lot of time and converted it back to its original B-24A configuration.