USMC Raider Patch

Schnicklfritz

Schnicklfritz

Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but I see some variations to this patch compared to other Aussie made patches I've seen. I have a little knot in my stomach.. What are your opinions?

Cheers!

Marc

post-115-1208573711.jpg

Schnicklfritz

here's one that was on the forum that is a good one. The skull is one point of interest. The other is the material. I'm not sure about the back of the patch as I have not seen one without the white backing removed.

post-115-1208574337.jpg

Schnicklfritz

Seller says it doesn't glow. I don't have it in my hands unfortunately. In all fairness, the seller also states that he has been told by a few people it could be bad also while others have said it is good. But who are the people telling him these things....

I believe this to be repo made in Japan.One of the give aways besides the skull is the abundance of loose threads on the reverse.You see this on a lot of the fake bevo Viet Nam style patches.Also the Aussie made patches have a white cotton/muslin type backing covering the patch.You will see this on the Aussie made 1st mar Div patches,Para Marine,etc.I know the muslin backing can pull loose and come off but this one is not good in my opinion.Also check out the shield shape on the original ones posted.The fakes are a little neat.

I also understand these patches when made were on rolls uncut.When cut they looked square in shape then trimmed to form the shield design.

RON

USMC RAIDER COLLECTOR

[ quote name=Schnicklfritz' date='Apr 18 2008, 09:55 PM' post='129832]

Maybe I'm a little paranoid, but I see some variations to this patch compared to other Aussie made patches I've seen. I have a little knot in my stomach.. What are your opinions?

Cheers!

Marc

post-2249-1208750215.jpg

here is a documented Aussie made patch