RAF Fairford Questions

skyking_comms

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows whether there were patches produced for the following squadrons / deployments based at Fairford?

I know they existed but cant find any patches for them. Did they just use normal squadron patches?

- 22d Expeditionary Air Refueling Squadron - 366th Wing Mountain Home KC-135s based at Fairford for OP Allied Force

- 351st Expeditionary Air Refueling Squadron - KC-135s based at RAF Mildenhall for OP Allied Force

- 7020th Civil Engineering Squadron

- 7020th Security Police Squadron

- 7020th Supply Squadron

- 66th Contingency Hospital - RAF Little Rissington

- Det 18 of the 28th Weather Squadron

- 7020th Air Base Squadron 1st Oct 1990 - April 1995

There were a number of deployments at RAF Fairford for OP Central Enterprise - Were there any patches created for these?

I see there was a 7th Expeditionary Ops Group deployed in 1998.

Lots of questions, but grateful for any responses as I can upload images or information to my website www.raf-fairford.co.uk

Thanks,

Darren

While this is not a patch I recevied the official insignia of the 3919th ABG / 3919th CSG from RAF Fairford used through 1965.

Terry L Horstead

post-3627-0-00275000-1379560958.jpg

No Idea, This was the Insignia on file obtained a couple of weeks ago from Maxwell. I was stationed at Upper Heyford a couple of months after Fairford closed. I obtained a 3918th SW Patch at UH but I never got to visit Fairford.

TLH

No Idea, This was the Insignia on file obtained a couple of weeks ago from Maxwell. I was stationed at Upper Heyford a couple of months after Fairford closed. I obtained a 3918th SW Patch at UH but I never got to visit Fairford.

TLH

Terry, you better be writing a book on USAF patches!!! I will be all over it.

-Ski

• 5 months later...

Chances are real good that one exists. Nice site you have; I always enjoyed stopping over at RAF Fairford while stationed at RAF Woodbridge. I will keep an eye out online as well as the Pomona show this May.

Cheers, Al

• 1 year later...
skyking_comms

I've considerably updated my website since my last post in 2013 - www.raf-fairford.co.uk

Lot's more information, wants is up to date and I've listed my current trades.

Always welcome any information for the site (full credit will be provided) and look forward to hearing from anyone who has any of my wants!

Thanks,

Darren

I have a question that maybe one of the moderators can answer: This is the "Ranks and Rates" section, but as of late we see a LOT of threads in this section that have nothing to do with ranks or rates, such as this one that is all about unit insignia. Shouldn't this discussion be in the patch section?

I was just curious!

Salvage Sailor

Indeed Lee,

This is an older resurrected topic and I shift them over to other sections now and then.

....and away it goes to the SSI Air Force board......

• 2 years later...

Website is now up and running again, on a new platform and completely updated - www.raf-fairford.co.uk

Always looking for information or photos to add to the site and have a list of wants.

Thanks!

Darren

Great site as usual! There is a lot of great intel going on there!!

-Ski