USAAF FLAK VEST AND APRON

littlebuddy

After a while ,searching for this item i have actually received this one , at long last !!

i cant seem to find any markings at all on it ? is this the M1 TYPE with an M3 APRON ??? im lead to believe this is an English made version ?

Feel free to post your comments and any more information you might have on this item

Thanks LB

post-106122-0-51516300-1379162076.jpg

the next 2 photos are from the reverse of the apron to try and show the 2 lots of stamps that i found but they are very very faint to the naked eye so sorry for the poor quality

LB

post-106122-0-76583200-1379162248.jpg

Looks very good. I mentioned in another post my father had 50 sets of these from a warehouse in East London years ago - they were all unissued. I expect a good deal of the good condition vests originated from the same warehouse.

Rich

Thats right Rich i do remember that post now ! sorry if this has hijacked that post in any way !! i just like showing off my gear as no one else sees it as im so far north in the UK !!

LB

Good score Carl. Are you going to model it for us?! ;)

yes Ian i will be modelling it as soon as the M4A2 flak helmet turns up !!! then the good lady will be snapping away again !! :D