Championhilz

Anyone Have a militaria display at work?

As I sit here in my office at work, looking around I see my framed picture of a B-17 in flight autographed by Capt. Julian Roadman of the 401st Bomb Group, my other framed picture of the USS Seattle, three models of WW II tanks, and a large number of Civil war photographs which I have displayed on a shelf. Am I alone in this, or do others decorate their offices with militaria as well? I look forward to your responses.

K2bQh.jpg

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gif
donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Only the Iwo Jima flag raisers as my computer's background (or wallpaper) at work.

Although mostly it is a photo of my girlfriend I'm looking at. :blush:

Erwin

704th Tank Destroyer Battalion

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Yes I do. The patients offices are turned into mini museums for the patients and friends to enjoy while waiting on the me.

I have general officer uniforms, Medals, ribbons, minis, grand crosses etc.

The patients really seem to like it. They even bring a different friend and or family member on the next visit to enjoy the things I have on display.

4starchris

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

I often have new purchases delivered to work.... my colleagues seem to have eventually gotten over the occasional rifle, uniform or some odd bit of green cr*p being taken out of a parcel... does that count? haha

Glen.

2nd Armored in Europe : http://www.2ndarmoredineurope.co.uk

Hi there,

while I worked in Hanau, Germany I had a military display right behind me/my desk.

I worked for the US Army Europe, 3rd COSCOM, 626th MCT (Movement Control Team) - BMCT HANAU (Branch Movement Control Team) located at Bldg. 23 at Pioneer Kasern, Hanau Germany.

I used to deal with lots of S4 (supply) ppl and other customers who came from Rhein Main, they usually left me a crest or patch for my collection.

Sorry the pic is so blury.

post-1035-1208562077.jpg

Interests: German made patches (fruit loop, bevo etc.), Berlin Briagde, VII Corps, German made Aviation patches, USMLM Potsdam, Mission to Moscow, EUCOM, 7th Army & 70th Inf Div

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif

I have a modern-made WW1 victory medal pinned to the wall in my cubicle.

I get a lot of people who ask if it is some kind of Gay Pride medal because of the rainbow ribbon pinch.gif

I also keep pictures of my wife on my desk for when I get these awkward questions...

This is my computer desktop at work:

post-594-1208566268.jpg

Chris

767409605_sigcustom3.png.e95257302e2a500ba241cd8cdc44ff0c.png

Isn't my collection, but I noticed today the AI ('Army Instructor') for JROTC at my school has an interesting office. He's got a bunch of toy M2 Bradley AFV's, a bunch of his medals framed on the wall (extra copies, of course, since he still wears the uniform every day) and a very impressive flag from Gulf War I with the signatures of his whole unit up to Bde. CO.

The closest thing I have to an office also serves as my war room and my bedroom, so I guess that doesn't really count. :lol:

~TS

Like Glenn, I usually have a show and tell with one or two guys at work when a new item arrives. I do not however have anything on display at work, as we have too many people whom I do not know or trust coming in and out, especially over the weekend whan I am not there.

Like Glenn, I usually have a show and tell with one or two guys at work when a new item arrives. I do not however have anything on display at work, as we have too many people whom I do not know or trust coming in and out, especially over the weekend whan I am not there.

Been active duty USAF, I put together an AAF to USAF transition shadowbox. It hangs in my office, along with various warbird pictures and an autographed Chuck Yeager commemorative coin display and various flying scarves.

post-1577-1208952057.jpg

post-1577-1208952072.jpg

Hi there,

while I worked in Hanau, Germany I had a military display right behind me/my desk.

I worked for the US Army Europe, 3rd COSCOM, 626th MCT (Movement Control Team) - BMCT HANAU (Branch Movement Control Team) located at Bldg. 23 at Pioneer Kasern, Hanau Germany.

I used to deal with lots of S4 (supply) ppl and other customers who came from Rhein Main, they usually left me a crest or patch for my collection.

Sorry the pic is so blury.

I have a cork board at work covered with spare US Army patches simular to yours. Since I work on a military installation with lots of active duty and retired military it's frequently a topic of conversation since folks can identify with a few units. It also generates a few offers to give me spare patches.

Small world, I was stationed in Hanau with the 8th Maintenance Battalion, 3rd COSCOM years ago as a Company Commander. My HQ was on Pioneer with workshops on Grossauheim Kaserne and I lived on Fliegerhorst Kaserne.

Kevin

My book, "Desert Uniforms, Patches, and Insignia of the US Armed Forces" is available on Amazon and other booksellers World-wide: www.amazon.com/Desert-Uniforms-Patches-Insignia-Forces/dp/0764352067

Check out our Facebook group on the book and all things Desert Uniform related: http://www.facebook.com/groups/DesertUniform

Always looking for:

- Saudi camel tongue rank fobs - DCU Uniforms & Patches - AAFES Pogs - Parachute Rigger Badges - Berlin Brigade Items - Pershing Rifles Items - East German Para Items-

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

Here's my desk and work area...I mean the area where I spend my time when not at home :rolleyes:

post-2527-1209131265.jpg

post-2527-1209131323.jpg

Jerry Wise,SGT.,TXARNG,RET.

The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms for one's country-G.S. Patton

Jerry,

I like your avatar. We have one similar hanging in our Lieutenant's office.

Some really great displays guys. I love seeing what others have done and of course getting some ideas of my own. thumbsup.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Collecting WWII Armor and Tank Destroyer Items