AVG Flying Tigers Painted Patch / Silk Blood Chit

TRR

I posted this in the patch section but thought maybe the aviation members would miss it, so here they are.

These are recent finds and some the coolest I have found to date!

post-110009-0-78090500-1379021650.jpg

I have since learned the chit is standard 14th AAF, bummer but new knowledge is good.

I am open for discussion about the patch. If it is a repro I would like to hear why.

I can say it is stiff and in person has wear/patina that cannot be faked. It was not bought from a dealer or someome that would be passing a repro intentionally.

Thanks!

Also the details of the tigers face etc , compare it to others of proven authenticity and you should be able to see the reason of my "skepticism" , I could be wrong , but I don't think so ...................................

Also, the design was an Disney one, and they were very picky about them looking good when made ..........................., I know there ones made by the foreign people during WW2 where the AVG were based , but even those usually had much better details overall .................

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an AVG patch on a jacket with provenance. Of course, not all patches are identical, but the quality difference is apparent.

bolster3_zpsb2a09060.jpg