Vietnam Photographer Henri Huet Wearing ARVN Windproof Camo

American Graffiti

American Graffiti

Just thought I'd share these interesting pictures of French photographer Henri Huet, wearing the unusual hybrid cut of the ARVN windproof camo, or bulletproofs, pinks, purples, bloodcake, whatever you want to call it.

The jacket has the square upper bellows chest pockets of the Airborne Advisor cut? and two lower jungle jacket style pockets. Very weird for sure. I think Copran showed this jacket style in another thread.

Just thought these are interesting pictures of the set in use.

The first photograph is with some Montagnard tribesmen in 1969, the second is taken in Cambodia in 1970.

post-4617-0-84303200-1379005131.jpg

post-4617-0-79818000-1379005148.jpg

The photographs are from a French book 'Henri Huet "J'etais photographs de guerre au Vietnam"' by Horst Faas and Helene Gedouin. Huet died in Laos in 1971.

AG

• 2 weeks later...

p1040124.jpg

The shirt I have, it s not Huet's shirt shown in the picture, but I believe it can be another one from him since there is a large tape above the right hand side pocket that can match his name size and another can match the press tape.

• 3 weeks later...
American Graffiti

Hi Cop,

Nice pictures huh? I'm sure you have the book too? I bought it in Paris.

I didn't mean your set was his, just that it's the same style, very nice all the same. If you got your set in France, who knows..

Got to get me one of those one day!

Thanks for posting again,

AG

Hi,

Yes, I got the book and even went to the display of his pictures made by his French fellow photographers and autor of this book.

The shirt I got from Thailand through Ebay. It s the only one I have ever seen with these additionnal lower pockets. It s a totally unaesthetic modification, people at that time would rather have it retailored with zipper pockets ...

• 5 years later...