Heads up! Low numbered and named PH.

Sabrejet

I personally think this one would be a gamble...especially at the asking price.

I quickly went through FindAGrave and found a handful of William J. Sweeney's that served just in WW1...some in Motor Corps, Infantry, and Spruce Squadrons. With that being said, the issue I see is that with a name like this one...you would probably get multiple GO cards.

Philip

UK rules don't apply like US rules do, so I don't think that this PH will get pulled. Also, this seller is based out of Australia. Beautiful PH though!

Alex

That PH is in Australia. 599 Australian dollars is about $555 US dollars. Still a bunch of money.

I sold # 6113 for about half that.

Yep...way too much $$$ for what's there...

UK rules don't apply like US rules do, so I don't think that this PH will get pulled. Also, this seller is based out of Australia. Beautiful PH though!

Alex

So you can't buy or sell Purple Hearts on eBay? When did that start?

between 2 to 3 years ago if not 4. Just shortly after the stolen valor law was passed.

So you can't buy or sell Purple Hearts on eBay? When did that start?

• 3 months later...

I personally think this one would be a gamble...especially at the asking price.

I quickly went through FindAGrave and found a handful of William J. Sweeney's that served just in WW1...some in Motor Corps, Infantry, and Spruce Squadrons. With that being said, the issue I see is that with a name like this one...you would probably get multiple GO cards.

Philip

Also in combination with this PH number?

The AGO card must be numbered around 4000 i guess.

Herman

That particular seller almost always has very high unreasonable prices.

You are definitely right. U have to be very careful as there are just brooches for sale on eBay. There are sellers who may be using these to "upgrade" the medals.

That particular seller almost always has very high unreasonable prices.

You are definitely right. U have to be very careful as there are just brooches for sale on eBay. There are sellers who may be using these to "upgrade" the medals.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, after some negotiating i bought this PH for a price within the range they go on this forum.

I asked Lori from Redbird Research to get the AGO card. That arrived today.

Guess what William J. Sweeney was a Corporal in C battery, 101st Field Artillery Regt, 26 Yankee Division. He was wounded on July 16, 1918 and got his PH #4029 on May 28, 1932.

His AGO card shows WIA 3834 and nr. 4038.

Regards

Herman