• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Please help! What am I doing wrong w\ith uploading photos?

I had a rather long break on the forum and in that time the forum has changed. I use Paint to reduce my photos but honestly I now have to reduce them to almost the size of my avatar to get two on one response. Even if I load one photo it is not very big. I tried looking on the forum for answers and did not find what I was looking for. I will also admit I get a little frustrated because I see other threads with nice large photos and I cannot even get tiny ones to attach. Please help the mildly frustrated and any help is surly appreciated. Thanks

In memory of.....
SSG Jarred S Fontenot US Army KIA Baghdad, Iraq 10-18-07 RIP my friend-Charlie Three Three Delta Out

donation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

whats the DPI of the image? thats the big thing you need to make them 72 DPI and the quality of the jpg. I work in PSD not Paint but my settins are 40% quality and around 1200px for the largest size. The one I have attached is 143kb

I guess part of my problem is that I have no idea what DPI or PSD mean. So more help wpuld be appreciated. Nice photo!

In memory of.....
SSG Jarred S Fontenot US Army KIA Baghdad, Iraq 10-18-07 RIP my friend-Charlie Three Three Delta Out

donation2008.gif

DPI is dots per inch. In the case of the web its pixels per inch. So 300 dpi means that there are 300 dots per inch which takes up more bites, if its 72dpi there are only 72 pixes per inch taking up less bites. The web unless the site coding is set for the new retina display from mac will usually only display 72dpi.

But with that said the quality of the image and also the colors in the image matter.

The steps I would take is:

1. make it 72dpi

2. make the larger side of the image around 1200 pixels tall or wide.

3. save for web or whatever paints equivlent are. When you do that in PSD I can see the end result size so i can adjust the quality to what I need to, to fit within the 150k size limit.

-j

DPI is dots per inch. In the case of the web its pixels per inch. So 300 dpi means that there are 300 dots per inch which takes up more bites, if its 72dpi there are only 72 pixes per inch taking up less bites. The web unless the site coding is set for the new retina display from mac will usually only display 72dpi.

But with that said the quality of the image and also the colors in the image matter.

The steps I would take is:

1. make it 72dpi

2. make the larger side of the image around 1200 pixels tall or wide.

3. save for web or whatever paints equivlent are. When you do that in PSD I can see the end result size so i can adjust the quality to what I need to, to fit within the 150k size limit.

-j

I assume I cannot do this with Paint so I will have to downlaod something different to resize my photos?

In memory of.....

donation2008.gif

Not sure I cant find anything on paint for save for web. That might be the case. Gimp might work.

Because I am electronically challenged I will have to wait for my son to come home from work to help figure it out. I appreciate all your help. Thanks

In memory of.....

donation2008.gif