AAC Arctic wear B7 jacket and A6 pants

mr_lits

• 3 years later...

Hi. Was recently given one of these B7 jackets by a family member, it came with a pair of A3 trousers. Neither they or myself knew much about such, they just know I collect Militaria. So I've been trying to research some info about these pieces. (I don't collect WW2 items). Going to list each the jacket and trousers for sale, however wanted to share a few photos of the jacket here as additional reference as to the type. Definitely an interesting piece.

Duffy

post-4647-0-76268000-1479228628_thumb.jpg

post-4647-0-05550600-1479228641_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I took some pictures of my B-7, I'll uplod them here for reference. I believe my set is quite unique condition wise. 15re5mv.jpg

Hello,

Great B-7 jackets. I wanted to share my B7 jacket as well. I haven't seen any other ones with artwork on them so I thought it was unique. If anyone can tell me more about the artwork "patch" I would appreciate it. The insignia shows a hand of playing cards and says "snafu".

post-8296-0-02410100-1481781356.png

doinworkinvans

Well this is probably one of the rarest flight clothing jackets I have seen, esp with the art work. Have never seen one with the patch and wings. Please post a much closer picture to possible ID the squadron. Great jacket!

doinworkinvans

Hope you dont mind - I am going to post this in the "Can you ID" section to get some more eyes on it....such an awesome set!!!

• 2 years later...
notinfringed

I know this is a really old topic, but I recently purchased a photo that is relevant here. It comes from a group of photos belonging to Major General John Bernard Brooks. I believe it was taken while he was commanding General of the Newfoundland Base Command. Edgar Bergen, Charlie McCarthy, and Mortimer Snerd on a USO tour. All of these pictures were large glossy prints, and had "Signal Corp US Army" punched into the paper. They also had the Base examiner stamp on the back.

post-2011-0-75196700-1560279324.jpg