i have the rigger pouches.

kerstens

i posted a topic a few days ago about a pair of rigger pouches i got off ebay, and i now have them in hand. they really show the wear and tear of originals and just plain look old. call me a dreamer but i think they are the real deal.

post-121056-0-53914300-1378434936.jpg

post-121056-0-97627300-1378434939.jpg

Johan Willaert

You are either extremely lucky and should play the lottery this coming week, or as you say a dreamer...

They are so rare that a pair of them showing up screams fake.... Plus they are unlike any of the known original variations..

Personally I don't like them, but since you're happy with them and you paid next to nothing, that shouldn't bother you...

Rigger pouches made in quantities from materials from other picked-apart equipment (duffle bag in this case probably) as opposed to made from material taken off the roll? When knocking together hundreds and hundreds of pouches en-masse for Parachute Infantry Regiments the Riggers didn't have time for doing things like that.

Oh, and I'd think about the sharpie-blacked-out marking from that duffle bag that they've been made from too.

1980's re-enactor items, I'd say...

Sorry.

Cheers,

Glen.

Rigger pouches made in quantities from materials from other picked-apart equipment (duffle bag in this case probably) as opposed to made from material taken off the roll? When knocking together hundreds and hundreds of pouches en-masse for Parachute Infantry Regiments the Riggers didn't have time for doing things like that.

Oh, and I'd think about the sharpie-blacked-out marking from that duffle bag that they've been made from too.

1980's re-enactor items, I'd say...

Sorry.

Cheers,

Glen.

ah you could be right... well they display nice. :)