My 30th Division Men

Garandomatic

Garandomatic

Hopefully I can figure out a few more things after Geoff pulls his files. I did find out that he came home in August, 1944 when I was looking for Friday's service number. Miraculously, I found a file that showed his ATC flight returning to the US from Blighty, and it listed his ASN. Additionally, I found his pre-officer enlistment number, and found that he was drafted in March of '41, so I figure he'd rate a PH, American Defense, American Campaign, EAME w/1 star, and WWII Victory.

• 10 months later...
Garandomatic

Sadly i felt the need to cut him loose for purely financial reasons. Had a medical bill come up with one of my kids and thought it was the right thing to do.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
CplJegs1944

Hey buddy, hope all is well.  I bought one of your 30th unnamed jackets a while back.  Is there any chance you're selling Duane Rodgers and Edward Friday's uniforms?  I have about 15 30th Uniforms and I'm always looking for more.  I would love to do business with you again.  Please let me know when you get a chance.

Thanks,
Dave

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2016 at 4:38 PM, jguy1986 said:

That's a great pickup. I'd been planning on driving out to that area and stopping by Wilmington while I was there, but it didn't pan out. Hope you got a few other goodies, too.

As for the V device, I wouldn't even bother. It looks fine as is, and I've rarely seen that device used on period jackets, even though it was authorized by 1945. When I restored a recent valor BSM jacket, I used a plain ribbon because of the overall lack of period photos showing the V device being used before 1948-ish.

I would conquer with this. Never really see the V device until post-war into Korea. I have 8-10 BSM uniforms that are definitely no later than '46 period and none have a "V"