WWII USN jumper with bullion rate and SSI

subsystem4

Very Nice! Another Fine addition!

Any idea what ship he was on?

LF

I did some research before i bought it.

John Walter Hough Junior MOMM2/c

USS Bolivar APA 34 from 9/1943 to 4/22/1945 (ship landed the 21st Marines on Iwo Jima)

LST 457 4/1945 to 1946

Did you get that from the ancestry rolls? I didn't see anything besides the LST I found for you. Here's some pictures of it:

http://www.navsource.org/archives/10/16/160457.htm

Yes, I searched both ancestry and fold3. It looks like he went for some additional training before being sent to the LST. He probably wasn't on the APA for the Iwo landings but may have saw action at Saipan, Guam, and Layte.

I have that NavSource stuff to but thanks anyway.

-Jay

No problem, most folks always ask for help with the Navy guys, and I'm usually pretty good at finding them. I always like having a picture of the ship in action, too. Good find. I have an amphib uniform with a patch made of red HBT material.

No problem, most folks always ask for help with the Navy guys, and I'm usually pretty good at finding them. I always like having a picture of the ship in action, too. Good find. I have an amphib uniform with a patch made of red HBT material.

If you feel like posting a photo I'd love to see that HBT version of the amphib patch. I have felt and bound edge versions as well as the usual types but I havent come across an HBT.

-Jay

craig_pickrall

Will you please post a photo of the patch in the Shoulder Sleeve Insignia Section and the Rate in the Rank and Rate Section. Thanks!

Will you please post a photo of the patch in the Shoulder Sleeve Insignia Section and the Rate in the Rank and Rate Section. Thanks!

Sure no problem.