.50 Blank ammo

billl

A nearby antique shop is selling strings of 36 rounds of .50 cal blanks, with headstamps LC (and others) 43 44 and 45 for $35 a string. I like the way it looks, but what's it worth? And who would buy this stuff to shoot? I don't know anyone with a .50 cal.

I have a bunch of it and I was given it for free and didn't really even want to take it then. I just felt obligated because the person was nice. I have a cousin with a M2 .50 and he didn't even want it.

Unless you were a re-enactor with a M2 or something I don't see any real purpose to have it.

I'm sure it's probably worth what they are asking but to who? And if you have thought about buying it to resell, I'm sure that would be a hard flip to make and I don't think you would make any money at all.

Yeah, that's my take - very little demand. I'd almost rather have belted empty shells than blanks... cheaper, safer. The blanks look cool, but

they don't really fit my static display. I'm doing a First Infantry Division Chaplain's desk and jeep.... .50 cal ammo wouldn't fit

too well.

And I sure couldn't sell blanks without considering the buyer. No kids allowed. Some young guy would spend his time hitting

it with a hammer, and end up hurting himself.

They were firing off a howitzer with blanks at Ft. Stevens in Astoria, OR a few months ago, and doing a lottery for the privilege of pulling the

trigger. WWII re-enactors event. .50 blanks would be a good use for something similar.

I think I'll admire them from afar.

Thanks for your thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a bunch I found in the woods somewhere and we shoot them in our 75mm pack howitzer sometimes. We had an adapter made up and annodized and it works fine, except when they get stuck.