P-51 MUSTANG! MUSTANGS FOREVER!

bobgee

Man I wish I lived closer to where these fly. First time I saw one I cried. Waited my whole life to see a Mustang in flight. Only weirdo at the airshow like that, I guess, but dammit, I couldn't help it. Thanks for this, good video. If only these guys could live forever.

I was lucky enough to see one at an airshow some years ago. So spectacular to see (and hear!) in person. A must-see for anyone who loves warbirds.

thanks for posting that video Bob! Great stuff.

Terry

I was driving near an airfield last year and heard a noise I recognized and looked up and saw five P-51's in formation. Now that was cool.

I used to see stuff like that back in the 70's when I worked for the Confederate Air Force. Sure miss it.

Johnny Signor

I had the privaledge to go to the Mustang fly in some years ago in Kissimmee Florida , many many P-51's there along with Aces and pilots,crewman , talk about an AWESOME event , it doesn't get any better than that unless you were at the Ohio 51 fly in, unfortunately I was't able to go there , but the one here in Florida for me is one I will always remember !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also recently got to finally see an early B/C model on the ground and flying , one of the two "Tuskegee" birds, I've seen both now, but the first was very memorable,it was at Fantasy of flight and Kermit flew it , a very "special" day for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny

Couple weekends ago went down to Switzerland for a fair sized Military show, trucks, tanks, jeeps, the works, and they had some oldtimer fighters strutting thier stuff, like everybody else here, I was more then impressed with the P-51 Mustang. Here's the planes that took part in the show, sorry, it's in German. http://www.convoytoremember.com/38-1-Interesting-aircraft.html

And a snapshot of the participating P-51.

post-5589-0-37755000-1403556116.jpg

I had the privaledge to go to the Mustang fly in some years ago in Kissimmee Florida , many many P-51's there along with Aces and pilots,crewman , talk about an AWESOME event , it doesn't get any better than that unless you were at the Ohio 51 fly in, unfortunately I was't able to go there , but the one here in Florida for me is one I will always remember !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also recently got to finally see an early B/C model on the ground and flying , one of the two "Tuskegee" birds, I've seen both now, but the first was very memorable,it was at Fantasy of flight and Kermit flew it , a very "special" day for me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny

I was lucky enough to be at the Mustangs and Legends show in Ohio! It was a near religious experience for me!!! Haha

Honestly though, 200 mustangs, and virtually every other WW2 aircraft was there plus quite a few aces telling their stories and doing signings. Quite a few WASP were also on hand signing as well. It was incredible! I'm sure there won't be anything like it again. I have hundreds of photos of planes and aces that I should post sometime.

I heard the prior Florida show was awesome as well, so I'm sure you know what I mean!

JD