14 year olds war room

WWII_GI

• 4 weeks later...

Update, Sold some pieces and moved some around. Finally finished the D-Day mannequin, still have stuff to replace and add on him but he's done! Got some new helmets, fixed bales and rank helmets. Feel like I'm running out of room!

Thanks all for the kind comments, they keep me going.

Enjoy!

-Steven

post-104606-0-61341800-1431305686.jpeg

That wall of canteens is something else. Great job, Steven!

Thanks man, trying to find a way to get another row up there. ;)

-Steven

• 2 weeks later...

Nice collection!

Just curious, but why do you have 8mm ammo in the M1 clip? It's the clip in the pic with the 3d Army patch sitting on the glass shelf.

Nice collection!

Just curious, but why do you have 8mm ammo in the M1 clip? It's the clip in the pic with the 3d Army patch sitting on the glass shelf.

Thanks, haha its just some random ammo I had laying around that fit in there. Eventually I'll replace it with some real .30-06 ammo.

-Steven

• 3 months later...

I think it's about time for an update. Lots of new items, completely focused to WWII Army, USMC, and Navy. I've sold my quantity and focused on quality items such as painted/ marked helmets and field gear. Getting addicted to those USMC canteen covers, a few are named to Okinawa vets and one is named to an Iwo Jima vet, so most likely the canteen covers they used in combat! Moved a lot around, still deciding on how I want it all arranged. I need a half mannequin for the ETO captain, any suggestions? I'd prefer a soft one with head. Finally have a job so there is some sort of income for the collection fund.

Thanks for looking!

-Steven

post-104606-0-02731100-1442202820.jpgpost-104606-0-15376300-1442202822.jpgpost-104606-0-00048400-1442202828.jpgpost-104606-0-23633300-1442202833.jpg

Great collection, as an helmet collector, I love it, so much diversity in your collection. Great piece of history you got there.

Keep up the good work.

Charles

Great collection, as an helmet collector, I love it, so much diversity in your collection. Great piece of history you got there.

Keep up the good work.

Charles

Thanks Charles! Helmets are the main piece in my collection, they started this hobby out for me. I haven't really found my 1 main focus yet, so far it's everything WWII with a strong focus on helmets and canteens. Maybe I'll focus down one day!

Thanks again

-Steven

Great collection and the best part about it is you are displaying it!!! Wish I would have started at your age.

Thank you! That's my one of the best parts, figuring out how I want an item displayed and setting it all up is pretty fun. Pieces get moved around almost weekly!

-Steven

• 8 months later...

Figured I'd do an update, thinned down the collection a little bit, added shelves, and started to focus on painted helmets. Most recent addition was 1942 Springfield M1 garand, will include a picture of that!

Might need to edit the title of this topic or start a new one, I started this thread almost 3 years ago so I'm 17 now.

Thanks or looking!

-Steven

post-104606-0-14796400-1463534464.jpg

The display cases and the mannequin hold the best stuff. Case on the left is ETO themed and the one on the right is PTO themed.

-Steven

post-104606-0-68697600-1463534544.jpg

The canteen shelf has been changed, added some rare variations like a 1940 dated cover, a 1942 back seam JQMD cover, and a 1944 JQMD oversized cover.

-Steven

post-104606-0-43834800-1463534668.jpg