14 year olds war room

WWII_GI

Great "Canal" style manneuin :)can you show close up of USMC utility shirt? For me ot looks like P47 shirt with rounded pockets

Thanks, I was kinda going for an early ear setup so it works. I don't know much about USMC shirts so here's some pics of it.

post-104606-0-35850100-1416933474.jpg

post-104606-0-96923800-1416933486.jpg

Corpsman_1941

Im not 100% sure but it looks like P47 with post war SGT chevrons but issued before mid 1950s, in 1955 (correct me if Im wrong) P47s and P41s were modified by removing lower pockets

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for the kind comments.

Here's an update on the collection, I have gotten a lot of new items including the Mark Kamen helmet worn on Guadalcanal and a new mannequin for a early war USMC display.

Thanks for looking!

-Steven

post-104606-0-49207500-1425005303.jpegpost-104606-0-26787600-1425005310.jpeg

Young man,

I am,probably older than your grandpa, and I commend you for the time and effort spent. Your passion shows, and I truly appreciate what you have done.

May I recommend one thing, do not forget to learn the history of the units that you have in your collection. The thrill of the hunt and finding items are only half of the fun, reading and learning bout the history of the units is the other half of it.

I am also happy that your parents support your efforts.

Keep up the good work.

What an amazing display! from a fellow young collector its nice to see guys of our generation help preserve such amazing items from the greatest generation.

We young guns should start a topic for only those under 21 to post their displays! I think it would be a great way to keep us all connected!

By the way, your collection is so great it kind of makes me ashamed of how small mine is..

Young man,

I am,probably older than your grandpa, and I commend you for the time and effort spent. Your passion shows, and I truly appreciate what you have done.

May I recommend one thing, do not forget to learn the history of the units that you have in your collection. The thrill of the hunt and finding items are only half of the fun, reading and learning bout the history of the units is the other half of it.

I am also happy that your parents support your efforts.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you very much, that means a lot to me and I feel honored to hear that. I love the item and I try to focus on the history, I'm starting to do deep research on the history of units and some of the named items I have in my collection. Honestly the history amazes me, Its just so cool to find out who used a piece of gear and when and where they may have been. WWII is my passion and Its going to take years to learn every aspect of it but I really want to do just that. I too am happy that my parents support me, they are interested in the history and my hobby too, sure they make some jokes about me probably being the only 16 year old with two full size mannequins in his bedroom but I don't mind :lol:

Again thank you very much,

-Steven

What an amazing display! from a fellow young collector its nice to see guys of our generation help preserve such amazing items from the greatest generation.

We young guns should start a topic for only those under 21 to post their displays! I think it would be a great way to keep us all connected!

By the way, your collection is so great it kind of makes me ashamed of how small mine is..

Thanks man! Oh I agree, it's great to see younger collectors, makes me feel like I'm not alone in this "grown up" hobby :) We should start a topic like that, I know there's a good amount of younger collectors on here. Start a thread on you collection, we'd love to see it!

Thank you very much, that means a lot to me and I feel honored to hear that. I love the item and I try to focus on the history, I'm starting to do deep research on the history of units and some of the named items I have in my collection. Honestly the history amazes me, Its just so cool to find out who used a piece of gear and when and where they may have been. WWII is my passion and Its going to take years to learn every aspect of it but I really want to do just that. I too am happy that my parents support me, they are interested in the history and my hobby too, sure they make some jokes about me probably being the only 16 year old with two full size mannequins in his bedroom but I don't mind :lol:

Again thank you very much,

-Steven

Thanks man! Oh I agree, it's great to see younger collectors, makes me feel like I'm not alone in this "grown up" hobby :) We should start a topic like that, I know there's a good amount of younger collectors on here. Start a thread on you collection, we'd love to see it!

oh man idk about posting my collection yet! shes so small and unorganized still!

But we really should start a topic for younger collectors, how would we go about doing that?

ps fun fact, my name is Steven too haha!

oh man idk about posting my collection yet! shes so small and unorganized still!

But we really should start a topic for younger collectors, how would we go about doing that?

ps fun fact, my name is Steven too haha!

Sounds good, maybe just post a few items if you want to, the forum is here to support and we all love to see collections no matter the size. It might be a good idea I'm sure we could start a thread in the displays section, maybe titled "young collectors post your collections" Something along those lines should work. Haha that's funny!

Thank you

-Steven

Sounds good, maybe just post a few items if you want to, the forum is here to support and we all love to see collections no matter the size. It might be a good idea I'm sure we could start a thread in the displays section, maybe titled "young collectors post your collections" Something along those lines should work. Haha that's funny!

Thank you

-Steven

If you make the thread, I will post a picture of my collection!

I'll join in on the "young collectors" fun too! I'm not really organized yet either, and my collection is not even close to Tex's, but I guess the more the merrier!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Steven,

I just stumbled across this thread and I have to say it's been a blast to scroll through from the beginning until now and see what you have done.

Your collection is first rate!! Very nice items and you have made the most of your space. It was really fun to watch you develop your collection and to focus. I really like it. ALL of it. The mannequins are excellent and I am jealous of those. Wanted to do one for a long time and never got around to it.

Thanks for sharing your collection. Keep up the good work. You seem to have an eye for the good stuff.

Hello Steven,

I just stumbled across this thread and I have to say it's been a blast to scroll through from the beginning until now and see what you have done.

Your collection is first rate!! Very nice items and you have made the most of your space. It was really fun to watch you develop your collection and to focus. I really like it. ALL of it. The mannequins are excellent and I am jealous of those. Wanted to do one for a long time and never got around to it.

Thanks for sharing your collection. Keep up the good work. You seem to have an eye for the good stuff.

Thank you very much Jim, it really means a lot to hear that. Also I completely agree, I've looked back on my collection and I am amazed that I've made it this far, I never imagined this much when i started.

Thanks!

-Steven