14 year olds war room

WWII_GI

Time for an update,

I've moved the late to post WWII stuff into the closet and the rest of the room is 100% WWII. Moved the USMC stuff to its own corner, Finished up the middle half mannequin, Mid WWII captain. I framed all my grandpas pictures and other papers from WWII, I also put together a shadowbox with his medals and ribbons and other things. The ribbon bars, Dogtags, Rifleman badge and expert rifleman badge and cavalry collar brass were all his, I bought the medals and the patches for the display. I also built a 6 foot shelf for all my canteens. It can hold about 18 if they are angled. Hows it look?

Thanks for the comments guys,

-Steven

post-104606-0-55770300-1411443265.jpeg

post-104606-0-84350600-1411443343.jpeg

The frames for my grandpa, He was in Austria during 1945-46. He was with the 24th Cavalry Reconnaissance Squadron, Troop C. He passed before I was old enough to know him so these things are the only records we have of his service. He didn't talk about it to my mom.

post-104606-0-01375400-1411443978.jpeg

Dang, nice collection, do you have all the canteen variants?

Thanks! Not yet, I need a USMC P1 cover and I'll eventually work on getting all the makers of the army covers. I'm still on the lookout for an Ethocel canteen and also an enameled cup.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Thanks! Not yet, I need a USMC P1 cover and I'll eventually work on getting all the makers of the army covers. I'm still on the lookout for an Ethocel canteen and also an enameled cup.

Funny, the only cover I have is a P1, great collection.

Woah! Just saw this now, and I am more than amazed! As a fellow collector that is probably about the same age judging from the title and when this was started, give or take a year, I am in awe! The dedication that went in to this collection is obviously tremendous! I have maybe a a thirtieth of your collection, no joke! My biggest problem is getting money for buying things, as I collect sports cards, coins, coca-cola, Avon cologne cars and paper money aside from the militaria, and money would still be tight if I just collected one of those. I saw you said you sold legos to finance, maybe I should dig up my old pokemon/yugioh cards and sell those, I haven't followed prices on them for quite some time.

• 2 weeks later...

We old collectors complain about the lack of young people getting into US militaria collecting today. THEN, we see this kind of collection from a young collector, it restores your faith in the future of collecting. FANTASTIC!!! :D

We old collectors complain about the lack of young people getting into US militaria collecting today. THEN, we see this kind of collection from a young collector, it restores your faith in the future of collecting. FANTASTIC!!! :D

Thank you for the fine compliment! You've made my day!

-Steven

• 1 month later...

Update

I got a lot of new USMC stuff and I was able to put together a USMC mannequin. Hes got a named P41 jacket, BAR belt that was built with WWI BAR bandoleer half's, 1918 dated canteen, M24 first aid pouch, early USMC suspenders, early depot made upper pack, and a fixed bail M1 helmet with Hawley liner.

post-104606-0-31290900-1416872321.jpeg

Corpsman_1941

Great "Canal" style manneuin :)can you show close up of USMC utility shirt? For me ot looks like P47 shirt with rounded pockets