14 year olds war room

WWII_GI

Collector .45

Very impressive collection! You seem to do very well with your resources! The manequin design is pretty innovative when a normal torso is pretty expensive. Very nice collection overall.

- Collector .45

very very nice! It is good to see a great collection very well displayed. I started young at 12, I am now 26. You will be surprised at how quickly your collection grows!!!

very very nice! It is good to see a great collection very well displayed. I started young at 12, I am now 26. You will be surprised at how quickly your collection grows!!!

My closet is suffering from claustrophobia already! :lol:

D

You have a great collection already and if you keep collecting at your present rate, when you are my age you will need a warehouse! I really like your displays.

You have a great collection already and if you keep collecting at your present rate, when you are my age you will need a warehouse! I really like your displays.

Thanks it grows fast! According to my friends my room is now a museum.

• 3 months later...

Very nice collection and excellent displays. Congratulations!

As advanced as you are in your collecting you probably are not keeping those 1911s or 1911A1s in the holsters and just have them in the holsters for the pictures?

Keep up the keen eye and your expertise.

Best,

Ken

Very nice collection and excellent displays. Congratulations!

As advanced as you are in your collecting you probably are not keeping those 1911s or 1911A1s in the holsters and just have them in the holsters for the pictures?

Keep up the keen eye and your expertise.

Best,

Ken

Thanks guys!

Yes the pistol is only in there for the picture.

Outstanding collection Steven! Wow! You've done very well! I started collecting when I was 14 but there were no online resources for research and no military forums, so it was just by instinct and what I could learn from books and television.

I didn't have a clue what kind of investment I had and I sold it all when I was 18 to put the money towards a car. Man, if I only knew then what I know now! As one member said, this can be a good investment if you collect well and hang on to it. I'm 50 now and just started collecting again 6 years ago. I'm much better educated now about values and what historical importance military collectibles have now!

Congratulations on a great collection!

Rick

How may I ask , does such a young collector finance such a impressive display ???? mine has nearly bankrupted me !!!

Thanks! Before militaria I collected Legos and I eventually grew to old for them. I started looking into military items. I got hooked and decided to sell some, I started up an eBay account and sold all my Legos except for some of my favorite sets.

That funded my collecting for a while but I eventually ran out of Legos and had to resort to buying and selling. Since I'm 15 I can finally get a job so next summer I'm gonna apply to work at a grocery store.

Thanks guys for all the comments, I have gotten many new things so I will post some current pictures in a week or so.

doinworkinvans

Legos??? Good lord I have a blue million Legos from 15 years ago...maybe I ought to dig them out to give me some funds!

Some old Lego sets are worth quite a bit especially limited numbers and complete models.

I love Legos too and live near Lego Land.

You have a knack for buying and selling.

Perhaps a job at the grocery is beneath you ?

I was learning about things I didn't want at 14.

I didn't want to collect toys but I started to buy and sell them.

Same with watches and jewelry and on.

Your in a perfect place to start a buy and sell business.

NO OVERHEAD.

It's going to be a great business to be in down the road.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a few update pictures. almost done with my rifleman! and i finally got a real mannequin. focused a little and sold all WWI stuff and later and post Vietnam stuff.

post-104606-0-78705200-1391298265.jpeg