USMC WWII M-41 Pack System Field Camo from same vet

Fly USMC

Was going through some of my collection and don't think I have posted all of these yet.

This Field Camouflaged gear was donated a few years ago, by the daughter of the Veteran. She was the head of the dental clinic (Navy Commander) when I was at 29 Palms. I did several displays over the years and she decided that I was a safe place to hold on to and respect her fathers items.

Don't know much about his service other than he was a 1st Mar Div Guadalcanal vet.

Here is the Gear

post-5056-0-75498900-1378088775.jpg

Trench coat

Just like the alpha blouse, 1stSgt stripes and one hash mark. no 1st div (or any other patch) on either coat or the tan shirt.

post-5056-0-73961200-1378089652.jpg

Very nice grouping ... only the service shoes are a tough piece to find, and you have them identified with a camo P41 gear B)

The owner was William J.Delorey, who was a member of the 7th Marines from April 1941 to April 1944, he enlisted early in October 1940.

This grouping has nearly all to satisfy any serious USMC collector :excl:

Thanks for the compliments.

I was very happy to get these items and am just as honored to be the care taker of them. Haven't gotten his service record yet, but that's another project for when I retire.

S/F

John

Very nice grouping ... only the service shoes are a tough piece to find, and you have them identified with a camo P41 gear B)

The owner was William J.Delorey, who was a member of the 7th Marines from April 1941 to April 1944, he enlisted early in October 1940.

This grouping has nearly all to satisfy any serious USMC collector :excl:

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

• 1 year later...

William J. Delorey was my Great Uncle. He returned from WWII and needed to stay at Bethesda hospital for 6 years to recover from wounds suffered. He passed in 1994. Thanks for posting these pictures!

ViewfinderGyrene

Beautiful group you have there Jon! Such a wonderful opportunity to share his legacy with others through this thread and your displays! Thanks very much for posting. As the History Channel picker shows we love to joke about would say, I'm having an emotional connection to this group, LOL :love: