A Coast Guard Woods Hole Group patch

Patchcollector

Patchcollector

Hello all,
It's been awhile since I posted any Coast Guard stuff,here is a recent addition to my collection.It's for the Woods Hole Coast Guard Group.
Woods Hole is also where the famous Oceanographic Institution is located.My hats off to all the "Coasties" serving our country!

Here is some info about the Coast Guard Group there:

The Coast Guard has been at Woods Hole since 1857, when the lighthouse service bought this property as a maintenance facility to support their buoys, lights and lightships. This site is home of the Group Headquarters and also to a number of the units that report to Group Woods Hole. Group Woods Hole is one of the largest groups in the United States, covering the coastline from Plymouth, Massachusetts to the north, and the Rhode Island/Connecticut border to the west.
It consists of 15 subordinate commands, including 8 multi-mission Stations, 2 Aids-to-Navigation (ANTS), 3 patrol boats, and 1 Long Range Aids-to-Navigation (LORAN) Station. The Group coordinates the efforts of each of these units and provides operational, administrative, supply and engineering support to them. As part of the "One Coast Guard Concept," the Group is also supported by Coast Guard Reservists and members of the Coast Guard Auxiliary. A total of 350 Active duty, 150 Reserve and over 1600 Auxiliary personnel work within the Group responding primarily to search and rescue, boat safety, law enforcement and aids to navigation missions.

Here is a link to the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution,which is loaded with interesting science based stuff:

http://www.whoi.edu/

post-13386-0-71787800-1377991461.jpg