Craigslist M136/AT4 antitank weapon

mvmhm

Stumbled across this on the local Craigslist....it had been listed for a week, so I figured someone would have gotten it, but thought I'd better make sure. Called the guy and no one has been interested in it - drove about 45 minutes to get it today. The flip-up sight ends are broken off, which isn't a big deal since I can leave them covered..other than that it's in pretty good shape. He said he found it at a yard sale a few years ago. I assume the "88" in the nomenclature tag is the year it was made???? I cocked it and "fired" it, and that cocking lever spring is pretty loud next to an unprotected ear! The search continues for an M72 LAW though....

Mark sends

post-3423-0-21709900-1377889239.jpg

post-3423-0-60460000-1377889244.jpg

post-3423-0-69673200-1377889249.jpg

I actually shot a real one of these once. I remember they watched these like hawks after they have been fired. I wonder how it got smuggled out? We were told if any of us ever tried to take one, we would go to the brig for a long time. lol

By the way they are a blast to shoot. :)

I don't know if it pertains to your particular AT4, but breaking the sites off after firing is standard procedure. Has to do with preventing the enemy from reusing it or something...been awhile since I did AT4 training. I believe it may have been one fired live, sites broke off, and then used for training. The yellow band is a training identifier but is done much cruder than the factory training models. What I would like to find is the trainer simulator that shoots a 9MM tracer, that would be fun.

Once it was listed as fired, there really is no tracking if someone wanted to take one home after training(still not allowed, but I know it happened). It is the government and we all know the only thing they seem to track well is how much money you owe them :)

Thanks for sharing and great find!

Looking at some pictures of the sights, I think the front one is actually intact, but the rear one is the one that's broken. The yellow band is a spray paint job...maybe I'll take that off....

Mark sends

Looking at some pictures of the sights, I think the front one is actually intact, but the rear one is the one that's broken. The yellow band is a spray paint job...maybe I'll take that off....

Mark sends

The front will be sort of flat with a pin in the middle. The rear should be a circle. Yellow and orange bands desinate training device. Being it is spray painted, it is not a factory training device...more just inert. I may have a manual somewhere for them.

I picked one up some time back from a Marine. He said they get to shoot one in their career and when he shot his, they asked if he wanted to keep it and he did. This one has the sights intact, so you can see what your missing one should look like.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/173326-a-little-friendly-veteran-listening-lands-a-at-4-tube/

I decided to remove the yellow stripe this morning, and found it was only a piece of black electrical tape that had been spray painted yellow - an easy fix.

Mark sends

I wish I had the one I fired! lol

I do have some pins from grenades I threw. I smuggled them out. But other than that, they would wand us with a metal detector when he left a range so we wouldn't steal stuff.

I decided to remove the yellow stripe this morning, and found it was only a piece of black electrical tape that had been spray painted yellow - an easy fix.

Mark sends

Very cool! You got one heck of a piece.