Show your AAF Uniforms!

doinworkinvans

Nice 12th af patch and ribbon bar on first uniform you posted. I have a similar majors uniform who served in the 12th as co of a troop carrier group. Patch is very similar to this one.

• 1 month later...
Jamecharles

Thank you Matt, I'm sorry the photos are TERRIBLE, asap I'll do a topic a part for them.

PS: the dress use a particular visor and trousers in sky blue color without stripes as per all pfc enlisted.

GS

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

here an update:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Carver&GSfn=C&GSmn=H&GSby=1900&GSbyrel=after&GSdyrel=all&GSob=n&GRid=24044279&df=all&

visor pattern 1936 with piping on upper part on the edge and on medium crown of the visor, trouser in sky blue color without stripes, due to the rank.

(Pvt and PFC no stripes // CPL small stripes 1/2 inch wide abt // SGT medium stripes -1 inch wide abt // )

GS

post-770-0-73327500-1472826349_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
Collector .45

I thought I would bring this back to the top. I pulled a few out the other day.

Uniform to a MN guy who served in England with the 9th AAF. The uniform does not have any evidence of ever having chevrons on it. Patch is a nice embroidered felt version. Came directly from the son.

post-104196-0-43174700-1482095062.jpg

Collector .45

Uniform to a MN guy who served with the 307th Bomb Group of the 13th AAF in the pacific for over two years. He served as a supply and evacuation officer. Group came directly from the daughter.

post-104196-0-48694500-1482095603.jpg

Collector .45

Last one for today. I'll add a few more as I pull things out of storage. Another MN guy who served with the 13th AAF. Uniform has a nice set of sterling Air Crew wings. I have not finished the research yet. This one came out of a local estate.

post-104196-0-81643200-1482095865.jpg