Show your AAF Uniforms!

doinworkinvans

Quero visitar o Ricardo! Tem coisas boas ai! It must be hard to live in Brazil and collect, I bet it's a much more expensive hobby over there! When I lived in Rio, I tried real hard to find ww2 stuff but to no avail, not even Brazilian related!

Thanks!!

Is a challenge to collect here in Brazil , either by distance, the difference in values ​​of currencies ( brazilian money vs. U.S. Dollar), tributes, sending cost, prejudice for being a collector from South America and abroad here for collecting things from other countries ... not to mention the cold and wet weather in winter and very hot and humid in the summer ... and ignorance of the people here in relation to preserving the history...

Obrigado (thanks) for the encouragement!

Regards,

Ricardo.

doinworkinvans

BTW, great topic and items!! I will add more tomorrow!!

Holy cow...more?!?!?!

""We're not worthy...we're not worthy!""

doinworkinvans

I was going to post in this thread but my stuff is junk compaired to what is being posted here

Ben, come on and share! None of it is junk! I haven't shared anything spectacular...its all AAF!!

bhmilitarycollector84

ill post some tomorrow , you'll see , these tunics posted here are amazing , ide love to have one like this in my collections

strawberry 9

5th AAF Tailgunner

Ribbon bar contains a Army Good Conduct Ribbon, American Defense Ribbon, Asiatic Campaign Ribbon with 3 battle stars and a Philippine Defense Ribbon with 2 battle stars. Above the right breast pocket is a Presidential Unit Citation Badge.

post-100432-0-14459200-1377923469.jpg

strawberry 9

9th AAF Ike J

British made ribbon bar contains a American Defense Campaign Ribbon and a European/African/Middle Eastern Campaign Ribbon with battle star.

post-100432-0-63620700-1377923629.jpg

Sabre you got me drooling here man!! Youre killing me! I have never, ever seen a real life WW2 dress blue. What is the story behind that one??

Also that 10th bullion is superb - I love seeing the other air forces being represented.

And can anyone identify to me to that top left ribbon on the last CBI uniform that RICARDO posted?!

The Soldier Medal.

Ricardo.

AAF_Collection

Here are a few from my collection. I'm still working on the room so this is only a temporary display.

SDC10013.jpg

From left to right.

Capt. Roscoe E. Klinger, Group adjutant of 492nd BG(Carpetbaggers)-8th AF.

M/Sgt. Clifford K. Olson, as yet I don't know much about his service, but he Enlisted in the mid 30's and retired in the 50's..

S/Sgt. William C. Remillard, B-17 Radio Operator, 410th BS-94th BG-8th AF.

T/Sgt. Kenneth F. Potter, B-24 Radio Operator, 703rd BS-445th BG-8th AF.

Major Peter L. Bruno, C-47 Pilot, 14th TCS-61st TCG-9th TCC.(post war USAFR uniform).

Lt. Col. John R. Drumm, blue mess uniform dated 1939. He had a long career, Enlisted 1917, Retired 1942.

AAF_Collection

Some recent additions.

"Cut down" ike jacket of 2nd Lt. George Potter, Jr. B-17 Visual Navigator(Mickey Operator), 603rd BS-398th BG-8th AF. Shot down in B-17G 44-8199 on October 28, 1944 and taken POW along with the rest of the crew, held in Stal-Luft 3.

SDC10009.jpg

SDC10014.jpg

SDC10015.jpg

Here are a few from my collection. I'm still working on the room so this is only a temporary display.

From left to right.

Capt. Roscoe E. Klinger, Group adjutant of 492nd BG(Carpetbaggers)-8th AF.

M/Sgt. Clifford K. Olson, as yet I don't know much about his service, but he Enlisted in the mid 30's and retired in the 50's..

S/Sgt. William C. Remillard, B-17 Radio Operator, 410th BS-94th BG-8th AF.

T/Sgt. Kenneth F. Potter, B-24 Radio Operator, 703rd BS-445th BG-8th AF.

Major Peter L. Bruno, C-47 Pilot, 14th TCS-61st TCG-9th TCC.(post war USAFR uniform).

Lt. Col. John R. Drumm, blue mess uniform dated 1939. He had a long career, Enlisted 1917, Retired 1942.

WoW!! :love:

AAF_Collection

T/Sgt. Casmir P. Pikur, B-17 Radio Operator, 532nd BS-381st BG-8th AF.

SDC10012.jpg

British Made wing, silver wash over brass-unmarked.

SDC10024.jpg

That's all for now, except to say a big thank you to those forum members who have helped me add some of these uniforms to my collection. I plan to in the future start a thread on my collection in the displays section with more detail.

Matt.