I feel this is way overpriced...

HolyHappiness

You would be correct...I know these are rare to find complete and in this condition, but I can say that this is pretty hopeful pricing.

Philip

It's only overpriced if no one buys it. If someone pulls the trigger, then it is the correct price and often can set the market. As one old collector told me once, "The last time I looked, they haven't made these things in 70 some odd years". Time will tell.

Unfortunately, I see them go for these sort of prices these days. Saw one go recently, complete and unopened like this one for $1,200.

Seems like crazy pricing though!!

• 5 months later...

post-13283-0-23986100-1393105586.jpgVery Interesrting! I just successfully complete an estate auction and picked up a fully packed WWII AAF Parachute AN-6510 with an unopened first aid kit tied to the harness. I peeked under a flap and the inspectors lead tab is intact so I did not open the pack. I'm looking for everyones comments and advice on this 1942 rig.

I am putting the WWII Parachute with attached First Aid Kit on ebaY:

The stenciled side of the seat is marked "42-291803 AAF", interior marked with pilots name and "ESLER FIELD LA". This pilot's survival gear is also marked "Pioneer Parachute Co. Manchester"

Parachute Log Book w/ pen entry Ser. No. 42-291803

1st page reads: Type AN-24 Seat; Part No. AN-6510-1; Mfg: 8/42 Pioneer; Contract No. W525AC26568;

Stations: R.A.D.; Alamo Field; Abeline AAB; Esler Field La.; Muskogee AB Okla;

2nd page is signed in ink "Lt Evans"

3rd page has eight entries starting 12-10-42 and ending 3-4-44

"Technical Instruction Compliance Record" has four entries with the last being the installation of the "Packet, First Aid, Parachute installed 5-26-43" and last inspected "1-15-44

If you are not interested in bidding please pass along this notice to collectors you know. Thanks!

Jeff

post-13283-0-16774100-1393781946.jpg