324th Field Signal Battalion

Ozarkian

earlcullison

I just received a box of items that included some of my grandfather's WWI pictures and materials. I believe that Jesse A. Cullison did the artwork on the brochures, envelopes and the guide. I have better quality scans if anyone is interested. E-Mail me at [email protected]

post-161465-0-90984900-1458453506.jpg

post-161465-0-91693500-1458453571.jpg

• 1 year later...

My great uncle, Andrew Franklin (Frank) O'Barr, was a member of company C in the 324th Field Signal Battalion from Feb 1918 to Jan 1919. He never went overseas. We have these photos of him. I am also looking to learn more about his service. Thank you for everyone who has posted here. It is a great goldmine!

post-164659-0-19398900-1502862883_thumb.jpg

post-164659-0-50014400-1502862891_thumb.jpg

Ozarkian - I have a booklet entitles ROSTER COMPANY C 324th Field Signal Battalion which lists an Albert Comba of Blue Eye, MO who is I suspect your relative (A is next to S on the keyboard and it would be an easy typo to make Combs into Comba). I did take a look at the Missouri WWI Service Record Cards database that is online and while there are plenty of Combs, no Albert or Comba.

The booklet says he was in first section first detail which, based on the size of a section and a detail, seem analogous to 1st Platoon, 1st Squad. In a WWI Field Signal Battalion, Company C was the wire company and the largest of the companies since most communications were by wire.

I'd love to know if my uncle, Andrew Franklin (Frank) O'Barr is on that roster. What does he have down as his name - Andrew or Frank?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

• 2 years later...

post-258333-0-71322400-1570125170.jpgThis is the application for the tombstone for my Grandfather. He was in the 324th Signal Corps. Anyone here that knows what the rank of Chauffeur amounted to, I would love to hear about it. I want to thank the folks on this string for the menus and photos. His appearance seemed to change photo to photo and I may well discover he is among the men in your pictures. I haven't found him as of yet though. They marked up the form with information that must not have been available originally.