Can someone help me identify this naval flight jacket?

Gschulz

I have been collecting a varied assortment of militaria from the civil war to present for several years now and I just stumbled upon what appears to be a flight jacket but I've never seen anything like it before...would other members be kind enough to weigh in and help me identify this jacket? I'll post the pix but in case it is not clear it has buttons NO Zipper. There are no insignia or markings as such anywhere. It has 4 pockets , Sleeve inner lining is course wool. Does have knit cuffs. Interior tag was partially removed...what is left reads "Naval Department Contract NXs 16065" size 40...no id of manufacturer...I'm stumpedpost-130037-0-71845300-1377407455.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help!

I had talked to the owner of one and he said his father had worn won early in the Navy as a transport pilot.

Im wondering if some of the Ballon pilots or crews also wore them??

most probable balloon crewmen did, if you Google/images search Navy ZP squadrons and you will see a variety of cold weather gear being worn. Other pictures of officers aboard ship can be seen wearing them which I don't have any on file for ya. Search the uniforms section or reference section, other topics about this jacket have been opened in the past.

I can't tell for sure from the picture but if its leather might be a Navy Transport Jacket. The liner and label appear to be somewhat different though from what you usually see. They were for aircrew on larger aircraft and maybe blimps.

Thank you all. Sorry its taken me so long to express my gratitude. This was a "trunk find" literally in a steamer that I thought was empty..My collection is varied but I never really researched clothing per se... I have more gear, personal accounts, books, knives, and firearms. It was bothering me I was stumped. With your help I should be able to more accurately date and identify this new edition and the mittens that were in there too!