Best reference for U.S.M.C. insignia?

Montana40

teufelhunde.ret

Eagle, Globe and Anchor published by the History Division is the only thing out there at this time, it was published in the early 70's and provides some good details, but lacks photos (all in B&W and poor) this down load is a big PDF.

https://www.mcu.usmc.mil/historydivision/Pages/Staff/Publication%20PDFs/THE%20EAGLE,%20GLOBE,%20AND%20ANCHOR%201868-1968%20%20PCN%2019000319900.pdf

However, there has been a new book in the works for nearly three years. It is presently at Bender Publishing awaiting its turn for production, a release date of next spring is anticipted. It will contain 2000+ photos, 300+ pages and the index is 50+ at present.

teufelhunde.ret

Thanks so much, is appreciated. Looking forward to the new book, is there an opportunity for pre-issue sales?

The Author and I have discussed this topic on occasion, it will be up to he and the Publisher.

AS BRIG MENTIONED, I THINK ONE OF, IF NOT THE BEST REFERENCE ON EGA'S IS RIGHT HERE ON THIS FORUM. THERE IS ALL THIS KNOWLEDGE @ YOUR DISPOSAL. JUST ASK, THE ANSWER IS HERE.

I'M JUST A WALLFLOWER!

• 8 months later...
teufelhunde.ret

Hi B! Just answered the same question from Bobgee in email. There was a significant delay at the start of the submission last Oct, a death in the Bender publishing family held it from getting started until Jan. (I was still doing some edits and photo submissions at that time). The author and member of the publishing team had a misunderstanding about pic formatting which lead to us doing more editing (another month delay). There is little doubt it will be out later this year, just can't be exact as of this date.... s/f D.

Bob Hudson

Here's a sample of what's in the USMC Museum book (as shown in the last page, it even has some uniform info):

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

Their book won't hold a candle to the new one

Thx Brig! But you do have an advantage having seen some of my edited proofs

Here's a sample of what's in the USMC Museum book (as shown in the last page, it even has some uniform info):

Huh. Up to now, I have only seen that book in the pdf version. The images are MUCH clearer on the paper copy.

• 6 months later...
teufelhunde.ret

B, the author and I have reviewed the first 100 pgs as prepared by the publisher and returned same with suggested revisions and or changes. Awaiting review of the other 200 pgs at this time. s/f D.

• 6 months later...
teufelhunde.ret

The author and I have finished review of remaining pages, now in final stages of assembly and edits by publisher. Once this work is complete (and final page count is known) he will put the manuscript out for bid and selling price will be determined.

• 4 months later...
Still-A-Marine

The author and I have finished review of remaining pages, now in final stages of assembly and edits by publisher. Once this work is complete (and final page count is known) he will put the manuscript out for bid and selling price will be determined.

Has the timeframe been narrowed down?