Latest M1 carbine

doyler

Ron..

that is awesome!

sling/oiler and mag pouch to boot as well.

glad my "carbine luck" could rub off on ya.

Maybe someday I'll find one "out in the wild" like this.

Where was the show? The fairgrounds?

Now where is the best place to find some affordable ammo? :P

Ron..

that is awesome!

sling/oiler and mag pouch to boot as well.

glad my "carbine luck" could rub off on ya.

Maybe someday I'll find one "out in the wild" like this.

Where was the show? The fairgrounds?

Now where is the best place to find some affordable ammo? :P

Show was in Boone.

Saw some ammo saturday in Minnesota.but left it.Was 54 dated.Some corrosion on the cases and they were a bright solver looking metal case.THe guy wanted $40 for it and I had passed.I offered $30 as I would have just used it to lay in the collection.May have pulled the trigger if he said $35.I have a almost full bandoleer any way of 52 0r 53.Plis a 100 rounds loose and some in mags as well.

Man Doyler, you have me jealous! That is one carbine that I have looked for, for a while and have never found! I've been wanting a realy early Inland for awhile. If you ever sell that, hit me up!!! lol

One of my really good friends has serial number 34. Yep that's right, Inland serial number 34. It's all original and was a display gun in the factory at overton that made the stocks. He also has the display it was in at overton as well.

But yeah color me jealous, that is one variation that I have looked for, for about five years or more. And if you ever sell it, remember to hit me up!

Nice one!!

Nice thing about carbine ammo was they never made any that was corrosive. So you can shoot any USGI ammo and it won't hurt your gun at all. The .30 carbine ammo was the first ammo used by our government that wasn't corrosive.

Nice thing about carbine ammo was they never made any that was corrosive. So you can shoot any USGI ammo and it won't hurt your gun at all. The .30 carbine ammo was the first ammo used by our government that wasn't corrosive.

Thats right.

Non of it was corrosive.

Man Doyler, you have me jealous! That is one carbine that I have looked for, for a while and have never found! I've been wanting a realy early Inland for awhile. If you ever sell that, hit me up!!! lol

One of my really good friends has serial number 34. Yep that's right, Inland serial number 34. It's all original and was a display gun in the factory at overton that made the stocks. He also has the display it was in at overton as well.

But yeah color me jealous, that is one variation that I have looked for, for about five years or more. And if you ever sell it, remember to hit me up!

Nice one!!

Thanks

Will do.

I was able to handle a 4 digit Inland at a local Cabellas.Early 42 dated barrel and looked like bring back.All the nice early stuff and original sling.It was on sale and I was going to used my card but went home to think it over.Called back a couple days later and it was gone.Still bothers me :(

THe one posted I picked up on a trade.I had a real nice 45 auto(an arsenal rework) Ithaca.Gun dealer had the carbine and it wasnt cheap but we traded.

I missed a Type I paratrooper with a 5 digit Inland that was all original at a show a couple years ago. The seller didn't know what it was, and his uncle brought it back. I missed it by seconds. A good friend of mine got it for $1000, and handed it to me to authenticate for him. lol

I told him I would triple his money if he would sell it to me right then, but he wouldn't. He still has it as far as I know. It was all original and very, very nice.

Thats right.

Non of it was corrosive.

I wasn't aware of this fact. I found some empty carbine cases marked LC 52 that were Berdan primed. These puzzled me. I read later online or in a gun magazine that the Chinese made carbine ammo for captured weapons during the Korean War era. These were the result, copied right down to the head stamp. This ammo although certainly not USGI was very corrosive. A person might want to check any fired brass for the Berdan primers just in case.

Very nice. One of the things I always look for is how much cosmoline is still on a weapon. Yours has a lot which indicates to me that it wasn't messed around with or cleaned up to sell. Great find.