Wife thought she was buying US items at estate sale today

Trooper B.A.R

Trooper B.A.R

Wife and her friend left early to go to estate sale out of town. I always tell her to look for WW2 Military items. She picked these 3 up, thinking they were US items. Wish I knew the story behind these. Wife said there were several uniforms, helmets, knives, and bayonets also, but were bought by others. Now I wish I had gone.I don't collect German Army items, but things like this, are great for trading still toward those you do want. So overall, she did good.

These are WW2 German canteen, breadbag, and eating utensils. There was also a folding knife and spoon inside. But didn't picture them. It would have been interesting to get the full story on these, directly from the vet. All I have is what the wife was told by the daughter, her dad brought many items back from the war and kept them displayed in his den.

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z72/marshaltroop/buckles/SDC13419_zpsa0eb9629.jpg

%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z72/marshaltroop/buckles/SDC13420_zps09eee0c3.jpg

Nice scores

That take down gravity knife is a deal for sure.

Your wife has a great eye for picking.To bad she missed the other stuff.

Take her out for dinner :D:lol:

There should be a forum for collectors wives.

We should have a thread on advice for collectors who want to stay married and have a healthy relationship (I have a lot of experience with what not to do).

Did you get the gravity knife as well ?

Be very careful with the release and spike.

The spring mechanism is cast iron, brittle and has a tendency to break during use.

If broken you loose 75% of the value.

Yours has a blade that does not appear to be sharpened and is well marked.

It is a fine example of a knife used by the German air force and issued to paratroopers and flight crew.

It was a tool designed to aid you with your parachute that could be opened with one hand.

They aren't rare but pricey and I haven't seen one sell lately to give an accurate appraisal.

Very nice find.

The bread bag looks to be of a political nature due to the color.

It could be SA, HJ or any other paramilitary group that used that color.

The canteen and mess kit look typical Army issue.

You see prices all over the place on this sort of thing.

Check sold sales on eBay because quite a few go through there.

Trooper B.A.R

Yes the wife is good and keeps an eye out for military items. Though she sometimes doesn't know what era, or from what country an item came from. I have found that there are a lot of collectors at Gun shows, either dealers or buyers, who love this stuff. So it many times turns into a pleasant trade all the way around, and that's why I still pick this stuff up. Yes, wife did good. As to the 2 Gravity knifes, they were traded for Airborne items.