LT COLONEL ROBERT INGALL GROUPING - ALASKAN CANADIAN ROAD

LT. COLONEL ROBERT INGALL HAD THE RESPONSIBILITY OF CONSTRUCTING ALOT OF ROAD KNOWN AS THE ALCAN HIGHWAY BETWEEN THE YEARS 1942-1943. PARTIAL LISTING OF THIS GROUPING INCLUDES:

TWO PAIR OF BOOTS, SEVERAL PAIRS OF LEGGINGS, SWAGGER STICK, SCABBARD/ SWORD, HUNDREDS OF CAPTIONED PICTURES SHOWING THE EARLY CONSTRUCTION OF THE ROAD, CERTIFICATES OF RANK ALMOST 1OO YEARS OLD, NUMBERED DSM W/CERTIFICATE, SMALL U.S. 46-STAR FLAG POSSIBLY USED IN CAMP. THERE IS ALOT OF ITEMS NOT MENTIONED. FORTUNATELY THIS WAS ALL KEPT TOGETHER.

CHRIS

post-12449-0-82018200-1377222944.jpg

My Dad was Lt. Col Robert E Ingalls USAF when he retired. Just a shaved tail Lt. in the AAF when Robert D Ingalls was helping build the ALCAN Highway to Alaska. Dad was stationed in Anchorage, Alaska from 1956-59 and we drove the ALCAN back to the US in '59. Quite a coincidence!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

My Dad was Lt. Col Robert E Ingalls USAF when he retired. Just a shaved tail Lt. in the AAF when Robert D Ingalls was helping build the ALCAN Highway to Alaska. Dad was stationed in Anchorage, Alaska from 1956-59 and we drove the ALCAN back to the US in '59. Quite a coincidence!

Hello

Yes - very much a coincidence. There is still so much I was unable to include everything in the picture.

Thanks for asking

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Don't you love the smell of that blast of 70+ year old air that hits you when you open it? Or is that just me? :wacko:

Great grouping! Way to go! :D

I love the smell of a musty basement before I start picking through it so I can relate.

I would always say "mold is money"

Very nice group.

donation2013.gif

• 4 weeks later...