Camo Strips

Welshman

Hi

Can any one help me with this one, I've bought four different color camo strips?, and I'm trying to figure out whats the best way to attach them to my para helmet netting.

Welshman

Just weave them in and out of the net. There's no right/wrong way of doing it really...just as long as it breaks up the outline of the helmet.

post-8022-0-63485800-1377112349.jpg

post-8022-0-09898700-1377112358.jpg

Weave them through when the net is off the helmet.

Thank you GeneralCheese, so it would be no good doing it with the netting attached.

Just weave them in and out of the net. There's no right/wrong way of doing it really...just as long as it breaks up the outline of the helmet.

Thank you Sabrejet, great photos I can see how they look now, these were from a dealer in America, and they came in long strips, should I cut before fitting.

Thank you Sabrejet, great photos I can see how they look now, these were from a dealer in America, and they came in long strips, should I cut before fitting.

I have some original WW2 scrim in three colours which is about 3" wide. I cut it in half length-wise to make longer, narrower strips because it just looked too wide. Then I cut it into strips of about 12" in length. Again, there are no "rules" governing how it should be done.

I have some original WW2 scrim in three colours which is about 3" wide. I cut it in half length-wise to make longer, narrower strips because it just looked too wide. Then I cut it into strips of about 12" in length. Again, there are no "rules" governing how it should be done.

I can see what you mean, the camo would look different on each helmet, I also bought a repro first aid pouch from him.

The ones I have are about two inches wide, in the last photo, they look to be rolled up?. or are my eyes going

The ones I have are about two inches wide, in the last photo, they look to be rolled up?. or are my eyes going

Twisted, knotted, rolled, frayed etc., anything goes!

Hi

Can any one help me with this one, I've bought four different color camo strips?, and I'm trying to figure out whats the best way to attach them to my para helmet netting.

Welshman

Heres an older topic as well.

I have a original brit helmet complete with net and scrim(or Hessian as our Brit Brothers call it).I can post it later for an example.It came back from a vet I know and he found it in Nijmegen during Market Garden

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/176250-all-scrimmed-upand-good-to-go/?hl=%2Bhelmet+%2Bscrim

Heres an older topic as well.

I have a original brit helmet complete with net and scrim(or Hessian as our Brit Brothers call it).I can post it later for an example.It came back from a vet I know and he found it in Nijmegen during Market Garden

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/176250-all-scrimmed-upand-good-to-go/?hl=%2Bhelmet+%2Bscrim

Hi doyler

Thank you for the link, I've got the idea now of attaching it, one thing I will not be doing, is to put to much on and hide the helmet.

Welshman

I have a Brit para helmet that came to me, 40+ years ago with scrim already on the net. THIS scrim is just irregular strips of "hessian", cut or maybe ripped from burlap sacking or maybe sand bags. It is all natural tan color, no dye, and no more than 2" wide -- mostly more like 1" or 1 1/2".. Like the 101st picture, it is generally curled and rolled up, not neat and flat. It is also largely tied to the net, not just plaited through it.

I have a Brit para helmet that came to me, 40+ years ago with scrim already on the net. THIS scrim is just irregular strips of "hessian", cut or maybe ripped from burlap sacking or maybe sand bags. It is all natural tan color, no dye, and no more than 2" wide -- mostly more like 1" or 1 1/2".. Like the 101st picture, it is generally curled and rolled up, not neat and flat. It is also largely tied to the net, not just plaited through it.

Thank you J_Andrews. Did not think of of them being tied to the netting, would that mean then, that it was the scrim was tied to the netting, or it was tied.