Unknown Dress EGA...any idea?

Spearhead

All,

Does anyone have any idea on the background of this Dress EGA posted below? I was watching this on Ebay. It was with a group of unrelated militaria. I haven't seen anything exactly like this one before. There was no reverse pic, so don't know if this was a sweetheart pin.

Any ideas??? Just curious and interested in learning more. The previous EGA thread was good gouge.

J.R.

post-103720-0-84240900-1377072025.jpg

teufelhunde.ret

An interesting emblem, falls into the M37 era of dress cover emblems, not an issue emblem. I think because of the lack of quality (any details within the emblem, etc) I've seen in these, possibly - maybe...? a theater made item? Maybe K.W. era...? This one an another can be seen in the EGA book scheduled to be released next spring.

Korean era made enlisted cap.jpg

Darryl's right, It's Korean War theater made...we had a topic about them here... http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/150975-kw-theater-made-cover-ega/

The post mound and style (unseen in that auction's images) are identical to theater made chevrons, collar discs, and collar EGA's we've seen, both Army and USMC

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the info. I previously missed that thread on th KW theater. The reference section here is great. I'm looking forward to the release of the new ref book.

J.R.