1943 Cletrac M2, High speed tractor, 1/32 or bigger

brent5152

I am looking for a 1943 Cletrac M2 High speed tractor 1/32 or larger. Can be resin or Die-cast. Seems that every model manufacture forgot this WWII piece that played a big part in towing aircraft around on airfields. It would be an awesome piece for a WWII model Plane collector. I know commander is coming out with one but think it will be pricy.

• 2 weeks later...
AAF_Collection

Brent,

I would also be interested in a larger scale model of a Cletrac with good detail, I didn't know about the one due out, do you have further details of this?.

Matt.

Here are pictures of the Commander kit... here:

http://ironshipwrights.com/armor/cletrac.html

The only known kit of this piece I know of came with the Monogram 1:48th scale B24... Imagine a Diorama with this kit and some of the new crop of 1:32nd Scale bombers coming out these days...

Wayne

Edit: Taking a closer look at all the parts, I'd imagine it would take you the better part of a month to carefully clean all that flash from the parts... now multiply that by how many of these monsters you want on your 1:32nd scale airfield... WOW. :blink:

AAF_Collection

Wayne, thanks for posting that link. The kit looks ok, but I see a lot of small detail errors, and a lack of detail in some areas.

Matt.;

Wayne, thanks for posting that link. The kit looks ok, but I see a lot of small detail errors, and a lack of detail in some areas.

Matt.;

Matt

I think this kit is the best I have seen with detail and about the only one out there. I have that 1:48 that came with the B24D Liberator from Revell. You can still get it on Amazon today. The Cletrac that came with it is very bad with detail. I seen online a guy refurbished it and looks much better but he did a lot to it to make it look good for himself. I seen a Cletrac that came with a Missel kit and it had tracks that worked but the detail was even worse.

Brent

AAF_Collection

Brent, I agree it's probably the best of the few there are to choose from. I wish I had the skill to do what this guy in Italy did, but with a Cletrac....

Matt.

• 3 months later...