M2 Jungle First Aid Pouch - 1945

Guest ArmySurplus

Guest ArmySurplus

post-2333-1208215427.jpgI just picked up this pouch marked Arakelian 1945. It is OD, 5"x%"x2 1/4" and has a wire GI belt hanger and a wide belt loop on the back. It has two snap fasteners on the front flap. There are two overlapping flaps inside at the top. It is divided into two full-width internal sections and two half-width sections for a total of six internal sections. The smaller sections look about right for a roll of gauze. Is this a first aid pouch?

The only reference I could find to this was on a camp stove collectors' website where this guy has a WWII-era Taykit stove in a canvas carrying case marked Arakelian 1945. There was no picture of the case. Did you know there are camp stove collectors and they have members all over the world?

I am going to try to include five pictures with this posting but I am not good at this so wish me luck. Thanks!

Guest ArmySurplus

Whew, this is kind of like pulling teeth or giving birth. Maybe I need to save these images even smaller? I hope I am not screwing things up for anyone who reads this. Here's #4:

post-2333-1208216565.jpg

New Romantic
Whew, this is kind of like pulling teeth or giving birth. Maybe I need to save these images even smaller? I hope I am not screwing things up for anyone who reads this. Here's #4:

This is the jungle first aid pouch, extensively used by the USMC in WWII-Vietnam.

Your image sizes are perfect, I wouldn't go any smaller.