LITTLEBUDDYS FLIGHT GEAR (AN ONGOING SAGA)

littlebuddy

littlebuddy

Eddie's looking good Carl. Nice selection of quality stuff! ;)

Yes he is looking the part isn't he Ian !! :D he is looking forward to having his own thread on here at some point !! :lol:

littlebuddy

Looks great LB , that could be behind glass in a museum !

that AN-J-4 is a real Beauty .

Thanks for the kind words Nige ! yes, it is a super looking jacket !! Im thinking of keeping it now as I did have it up for sale !

LB

littlebuddy

Looks great Carl! I need to get a move on. Guess its time for a mannequin. I think I will call him George.... :)

Yes , I like the name Dan !! if at all possible I would recommend a full mannequin not a torso , its a hell'uv' a tackle getting them dressed !!!

BlueBookGuy

Hello Littlebuddy,

things are becoming quite serious there around!! That jacket is gorgeous indeed :love: ... if only that torso would have the head, if considering how much nicely it shows up now !!

remember when about fifteen years ago I thought of a good B-17 gunner being 100% clothed and equipped, but project was too "appalling" in resources and so on, thus was happy more than enough in having a couple of fighter pilots if I wanted to represent the US effort in WW2.

Go on this way!! Franco.

littlebuddy

I actually forgot to mention that the AN6505-1 AVIATORS BAG in the photo is named to a Capt Elmer C Keppler who was a pilot with the 96th BG 339th BS flying out of Snetterton

I have been in contact with his son for a few months now who has a lot of his fathers paperwork but sadly no uniforms etc

He has been very accommodating in the fact I have a piece of his Fathers history , so much so that we have actually spoke on the telephone on a couple of occasions !!

LB

Nice collection Carl. Some great pieces and the best part is how much I can tell you enjoy collecting from just reading and viewing your posts. It's refreshing and you bring a ton of energy and fun to your posts. Being a fellow WWII US military aviation enthusiast, I think you have a great collection and thanks for sharing!

littlebuddy

Nice collection Carl. Some great pieces and the best part is how much I can tell you enjoy collecting from just reading and viewing your posts. It's refreshing and you bring a ton of energy and fun to your posts. Being a fellow WWII US military aviation enthusiast, I think you have a great collection and thanks for sharing!

Thank you so much for the kind words !! yes i am very passionate about my collecting, and i hadn't realised that it showed in the posts ?? so not a bad thing really i suppose ? Collecting should be fun , and to have a small piece quota of humor in what we do i think is important , Life is way too short to be boring and sad !!

I might be a while posting anything else until i get over my little operation i had on Tuesday but rest assured, ill be up and posting as soon as i can !!

Again many thanks for the kind words and encouragement !!

Carl

littlebuddy

Hello Littlebuddy,

things are becoming quite serious there around!! That jacket is gorgeous indeed :love: ... if only that torso would have the head, if considering how much nicely it shows up now !!

remember when about fifteen years ago I thought of a good B-17 gunner being 100% clothed and equipped, but project was too "appalling" in resources and so on, thus was happy more than enough in having a couple of fighter pilots if I wanted to represent the US effort in WW2.

Go on this way!! Franco.

Many Thanks Franco , i take that as a compliment indeed fro a collector with such a great collection !!

Carl