LITTLEBUDDYS FLIGHT GEAR (AN ONGOING SAGA)

littlebuddy

yup thats a definately spoilt child !!! :D lucky little guy !! can i have his gear when he has grown out of them ??? ill still fit in them !!! :lol:

He's definitely one up on me...most of us in fact! I've never had the opportunity to sit in the cockpit of a P-51! :o

Didn't mean to steal LB's thread. What's interesting since this little guy came into my life is how different it is with the history. I never thought about it with my oldest son as he was white like I am. Sharing the history with my black son is harder as outside of the segregated 332nd FG there were no other black pilots who went overseas. I have all kinds of books acquired over the years since I was a kid filled with stories of white pilots and aircrew. I've since added a lot of 332nd stuff.

He's too little yet so I haven't had to explain it all to him. Thankfully he loves Mustangs and anything with a propeller :)

IMG_2418.jpg

lucky little guy i havnt got one of those P51's !! :D

no probs on the hi jacking 38 !! ill get it back on track as soon as i can !! just please enjoy !!

• 4 months later...
littlebuddy

Right , its been a while since I posted anything on this thread and since the last lot of photos I have managed to acquire a few more pieces to enhance the "look"

Unfortunately Mrs LB is at work so I have had to do a "FLAT" photo :(

The A4 QAC Yellow Group harness over the top of the B4 life preserver and B15 Jacket

post-106122-0-10923400-1393779314.jpg

Very nice set ups Carl...and nicely displayed too! I like the cut-out image very much! What photo software do you use?

littlebuddy

Thanks Ian I use PAINT as its the easiest for a TECNOPHOBE like me !!! I just free handed the cut out !! :D

Paint? I've got that program too...but never thought of using it to "doctor" pictures like that. I just use my camera's software. Maybe I'll give it a whirl sometime?

I'm gonna get there yet LB. Strictly ETO fighter pilot for me though. You've added some nice stuff. Finally got yourself a chute harness! I've been keeping my eye out for a seat pack chute, but they seem a bit out of reach even as repro stuff.

Some day I'll have my fighter pilot all together :)

littlebuddy

Thanks 38Driver , Im concentrating on the bomber crew set up at the moment , navigator , bombardier gunner etc !! then on to the P51 driver!! :D I would like to do a homage to LT Waters if possible , I have a 4pkt tunic that I would like to "set up " as he would have worn it before his passing

Yeah ,finally got me a chute harness!! I was really stoked when I managed to get hold of one and it was worth the wait as I got it for peanuts !!!

Thanks for the kind words again

LB

LB, the following thread by Lidwigh1980 is my inspiration.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/155844-50-missions-100-sortes-dfc-w-olc-am-w-3-olc/

Ever since I saw it I've been trying to piece together all the bits of my own fighter pilot.

That includes paperwork and all the uniform stuff etc. Getting it all in a one shot named grouping like Ludwigh did is beyond my budget, but it's been fun picking away at it. Still looking for a cadets uniform and other bits and pieces along with the flight gear.

I'll start my own thread when I get closer :)

littlebuddy

LB, the following thread by Lidwigh1980 is my inspiration.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/155844-50-missions-100-sortes-dfc-w-olc-am-w-3-olc/

Ever since I saw it I've been trying to piece together all the bits of my own fighter pilot.

That includes paperwork and all the uniform stuff etc. Getting it all in a one shot named grouping like Ludwigh did is beyond my budget, but it's been fun picking away at it. Still looking for a cadets uniform and other bits and pieces along with the flight gear.

I'll start my own thread when I get closer :)

Look forward to that 38DRIVER!!

I don't really have any doubles on anything that would help you out im afraid ! :(

littlebuddy

"the look" is really starting to come together on these!!!

nice ones, Carl.

-Brian

Many thanks for the words of encouragement Brian !!

im a glutton for punishment aren't I ?? I would have to pick an expensive part of the hobby !!!

littlebuddy

I'm glad this was brought back to the top.

You have an awesome collectiom LB!!!!

Semper Fi

Phil

Phil , thanks very much for liking this thread ! I wouldn't have thought so many people were interested in it !!

Many thanks again

Carl

• 2 weeks later...
littlebuddy

After just looking at the threads started by Blue Leader and Blue Book Guy and NigeR , I can now see how much further I have to go !!! I can see it being a long haul !! :o

LB

After just looking at the threads started by Blue Leader and Blue Book Guy and NigeR , I can now see how much further I have to go !!! I can see it being a long haul !! :o

LB

Now don't bring Me into this LB ,too many people already say I'm a bad influence . ;)

That's some awesome gear mate , love the chute harness and the flak armour .

littlebuddy

Now don't bring Me into this LB ,too many people already say I'm a bad influence . ;)

That's some awesome gear mate , love the chute harness and the flak armour .

Too late Nige !!! you are one of the ringleaders now !! :D

littlebuddy

Seeing as the little lady is out at work , I thought id take it upon myself to " dress up" my first torso mannequin (his name is Eddie by the way , and he will be joining the forum soon !!! as soon as I can get a email address for him !!!)

Ok here we have my interpretation of a late war pilot , kitted out with

ANJ-4 flight jacket

B4 Life preserver

A4 Yellow Group QAC harness

Bancroft "Flighter"

He has his headset there too !, all at the ready

At the base there is his

M3 Flak Helmet

British Made body armour

A10 gloves

Pilots navigation Folder

His remaining items are packed away in his AN6505-1 FLIGHT BAG